General Etiquette > Life...in general

Business Card Litterbug

<< < (2/3) > >>

Raintree:
That kind of thing would result in my making a point never to use that company, even if I otherwise would have.

drafter_lady:
where I live, they walk right up to your door and wedge it between the door and the jam. Completely ignoring the multiple "no solicitation" signs in the community. It pisses me off to no end and half of them are written in a language that I myself do not speak so I wouldn't even know who I was calling to complain to. As a result, if you walk around the complex, you find all of these business cards all over the ground because people just let them fall when they open their doors and don't bother to pick them up. The manager has called many times to complain and they just keep doing it.

kherbert05:
The people that stick flyers on my door get a call telling them that
a. They have lost any business from residents of my house.
b. They and their employees are banned from my property.

I guess most of them decided they didn't want to deal with the crazy lady, because I don't get near as many flyers as my neighbor.

In this case and the pizza place case I would call the non-emergency line and complain about the littering. Then I would call the business and tell them
1. Someone is trying to harm their business by littering lawns in the neighborhood in their name
2. That you have called the police to inform them about the littering vandalism.

Miss Unleaded:
I do think it's obnoxious and as Dotty wrote, potentially dangerous.  I think it's double rude if the householder has a 'No junk mail' sign on their letterbox.

artk2002:

--- Quote from: Miss Unleaded on December 14, 2012, 09:02:45 AM ---I do think it's obnoxious and as Dotty wrote, potentially dangerous.  I think it's double rude if the householder has a 'No junk mail' sign on their letterbox.

--- End quote ---

The sign wouldn't be rude, just entirely futile.

I agree that the chunk of wood is dangerous. It's clever and original but still a bad idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version