Author Topic: Keep my head down and stay smiling...? Update #16  (Read 5855 times)

Bluenomi

Re: Keep my head down and stay smiling...?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 06:55:36 PM »
I wouldn't say anything. If you both act professional at work it shouldn't be a problem.

We have 30 people in our office and 2 sets of couples. We have another 2 whose other half works somewhere else in the department and a few couples who have left. None had any issues.

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
Re: Keep my head down and stay smiling...? Update #16
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2012, 12:36:12 AM »

Whoohoo!  8) 8) 8)
He got it!  >> etiquette aside, i just want to do a happy dance<<

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
Re: Keep my head down and stay smiling...?
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2012, 01:06:37 AM »
I wouldn't expect that HR will contact you.  Like a PP said, office policies differ but either intra-company relationships are permitted or they are not.  If there are no rules against couples in the office, or if the position that Gish is applying for meets whatever couple criteria your company has (like no supervisory relationship or working in the same department), then they won't be asking you anything about your relationship.  Because it doesn't matter and making decisions based on what they "think" the couple will do vs. what the couple "actually" does is not wise.

Did him mentioning you in the interview come up from a question they asked?  If so, then he probably gave them all the info they need.  There's no reason for you to volunteer any more.

I don't know; I wasn't there. And you are so right.  :-X
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Lindee

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2012, 01:17:02 AM »
Congratulations!

cheyne

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2012, 09:00:54 AM »
Gratz!

JoyinVirginia

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 05:05:58 PM »
So happy things have worked out for you two!