Author Topic: Inappropriate noise from neighbors  (Read 6394 times)

LeveeWoman

Re: Inappropriate noise from neighbors
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 05:26:52 PM »
Thanks all.

These are all new developments. I've been in this house for over a year and all the noise problems have started in the past few months(when they got the new dog and their daughter moved back in). For the most part I do not hear anything through this wall. Normal conversations cannot be heard. The only time I hear voices is when they are screaming at football games. Which is why being able to hear scrabble noises is not appropriate in my mind because the volume was extremely excessive. I will be banging on the wall the next time that occurs.

This past friday/weekend I didn't hear any early morning dog noise so they may have realized how much noise the dog was making or someone else complained. I will be approaching the Man and Wife(who own) about the dog noise if it continues.

The dog noise is so audible because our bedroom window overlooks their porch/backyard which means it pretty much sounds like the dog is in the room with me.

Too bad it's been so long since Bo Derek starred in "10".

Because playing Bolero on the stereo whenever the "noises" started would get the message across to most people who remember seeing the movie.

Is there another possible tune - say a generation or so more recent - that might give the person the idea that "we hear what's going on - so here is a sound track to drown it out on our side of the wall but that YOU might find romantic"?
I suppose any music that's ever been played at the same point in a James Bond movie might make the same point...if they like James Bond movies...

Me So H***y by 2 Live Crew?

Cat-Fu

• My cat is a ninja
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 05:44:01 PM »
I put my ear to the wall to confirm and hear what sounds like group scrabble going on next door.

Wait, what!?!? Why??

Maybe I'm just squeamish, but I wouldn't want to confirm! :-X lol!

I think it's like smelling the month-old milk just to see if it's gone sour. You know you probably won't like what you find, but you just have to know.

In my defense I was half asleep when I put my ear to the wall. I was still in panic mode and just wanted to confirm that it was coming from next door and not in my kitchen. Also when half asleep its surprisingly difficult to determine the emotion behind the screaming... :-[

I suppose I shouldn't find that funny... but I keep giggling :P
“Poetry is a sword of lightning, ever unsheathed, which consumes the scabbard that would contain it.” PBS

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 06:46:44 PM »
Thanks all.

These are all new developments. I've been in this house for over a year and all the noise problems have started in the past few months(when they got the new dog and their daughter moved back in). For the most part I do not hear anything through this wall. Normal conversations cannot be heard. The only time I hear voices is when they are screaming at football games. Which is why being able to hear scrabble noises is not appropriate in my mind because the volume was extremely excessive. I will be banging on the wall the next time that occurs.

This past friday/weekend I didn't hear any early morning dog noise so they may have realized how much noise the dog was making or someone else complained. I will be approaching the Man and Wife(who own) about the dog noise if it continues.

The dog noise is so audible because our bedroom window overlooks their porch/backyard which means it pretty much sounds like the dog is in the room with me.

Too bad it's been so long since Bo Derek starred in "10".

Because playing Bolero on the stereo whenever the "noises" started would get the message across to most people who remember seeing the movie.

Is there another possible tune - say a generation or so more recent - that might give the person the idea that "we hear what's going on - so here is a sound track to drown it out on our side of the wall but that YOU might find romantic"?
I suppose any music that's ever been played at the same point in a James Bond movie might make the same point...if they like James Bond movies...

Me So H***y by 2 Live Crew?

Possibly "Your Love is Whack" for the couple who someone else mentioned the guy was either not very good or not very considerate as a partner......Snarky and Evil want to go through and pick out all the marginally appropriate songs - but they are snickering so much that they can't hear the music......
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

turnip

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2012, 08:34:44 PM »
You would call the police on someone for having sex in their own home? Why? That would be a huge waste of time for the police and quite a silly call. Also, what exactly have we learned so far that would make you conclude that they are voyeurs?

I would call the police on someone for making noise loud enough that it wakes me up at 3:00am.  It wouldn't matter if they were playing scrabble, playing Scrabble, or giving a piano recital.

There are noise ordinances for a reason.

That was once and the OP says it hasn't happened again. The noises are now happening in the afternoon.

I would go over and tell the daughter that she is being loud and please quiet down. If I were the parents I would be surprised that you would go to me first instead of speaking to the adult that is actually causing the problem.

I completely agree with this.   It's certainly not my job to mediate noise levels between my adult daughter and my neighbor.  For all I know the neighbor is absurdly sensitive and my daughter is doing nothing wrong.