Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

What sausage goes with lobster?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sophia:
If you want to sub the lobster for something else, and have it be fancy and really good, try Eggs Benedict with lobster as the meat.  I did that once with leftover lobster.  It was heavenly.  The sauce went great with the lobster

Deetee:
mmm gumbo...

Or maybe some grilled shedded lobster sprinkled on the individual bowls?

I will sometimes use a speciality ingredient (smoked salmon, shrimp, cheeses, etc..) and put about half in the dish and save half to sprinkle on top.  It looks nice and is tasty because you can get a nice taste of almost pure luxery ingrediant)

Or fresh biscuits with garlic, parsley, and chunks of grilled  lobster meat baked in?

Hmmmmm:

--- Quote from: Deetee on December 16, 2012, 02:07:45 PM ---mmm gumbo...

I will sometimes use a speciality ingredient (smoked salmon, shrimp, cheeses, etc..) and put about half in the dish and save half to sprinkle on top.  It looks nice and is tasty because you can get a nice taste of almost pure luxery ingrediant)

Or fresh biscuits with garlic, parsley, and chunks of grilled  lobster meat baked in?

--- End quote ---

Oh, yum.  Gumbo with lobster sliders with lots of garlic butter.

Morticia:

--- Quote from: Hmmmmm on December 16, 2012, 05:26:23 PM ---
--- Quote from: Deetee on December 16, 2012, 02:07:45 PM ---mmm gumbo...

--- End quote ---

Oh, yum.  Gumbo with lobster sliders with lots of garlic butter.

--- End quote ---

I believe this is what we're going with.

Twik:

--- Quote from: alkira6 on December 16, 2012, 12:50:33 PM ---If you already have the lobster, you might try to make some savoury lobster cakes. If you have a good recipe for crab cakes, just sub in the lobster and top with melted butter when they are finished. Even better, I've made lobster rolls with premade crescent roll dough and they were fabulous. Let me know if you want the recipe.

--- End quote ---

Yes, please!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version