Author Topic: Re: Coworker off probation - and now demanding we never complain again - UPDATE  (Read 9023 times)

JacklynHyde

Re: Coworker off probation - and now demanding we never complain again
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2012, 06:04:13 PM »
OP here!  Thank you so much for giving me the etiquette latitude to realize that doing my job and protecting my clients is anything but rude.

One of the two bosses (the one who oversees Shelly directly and me indirectly) is fine only being copied on items that require her attention.  My immediate boss, on the other hand, has found our interactions fascinating and has asked to continue being copied on emails for research purposes as she works on a degree in management.  She can also keep an eye on things and escalate matters as needed.  Love that woman!

The interesting thing about Shelly's complaint that she worked all night is that she had emailed me before 9pm the night before that she was caught up.  Which time was she lying to me?  Keeping my boss in the loop will be a pleasure.  She knows how troubled things have been and is a personal advocate of mine.

CrazyDaffodilLady

Re: Coworker off probation - and now demanding we never complain again
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2012, 08:50:47 PM »
Shelly's demands are a perfect opportunity to use the ehell-approved response "Why would I want to do that?"

And why would you?
It takes two people to play tug of war. If you don't want to play, don't pick up the rope.

JacklynHyde

I didn't need to complain.  Shelly was fired, with her last day being today.  I'm assuming her probation was actually Double Secret and her continued inability to do her job was noticed without prompting from me or my team.  My team is extremely relieved, although now we're bracing to break in a new hire in two weeks (after basic job training is complete).

CakeBeret

I didn't need to complain.  Shelly was fired, with her last day being today.  I'm assuming her probation was actually Double Secret and her continued inability to do her job was noticed without prompting from me or my team.  My team is extremely relieved, although now we're bracing to break in a new hire in two weeks (after basic job training is complete).

Well, I'm glad that the problem worked out on its own! I hope that your new hire will be a much better fit for the job.
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

cicero

• Super Hero!

Well, I'm glad that the problem worked out on its own! I hope that your new hire will be a much better fit for the job.
yup!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools