Author Topic: Handicapped Stall:One Handicap trumps another?  (Read 11631 times)

wyliefool

Re: Handicapped Stall:One Handicap trumps another?
« Reply #90 on: December 18, 2012, 12:01:41 PM »
They also need to look into the design of the regular stalls.  The reason I sometimes use the handicapped stall is that when I get into the regular stall, I have to straddle the toilet in order to close the door!

I especially love this design in airports and bus stations. Where I usually wait for the HC stall so I can take my suitcase in w/ me and not leave it sitting out to get stolen.

Lynnv

« Reply #91 on: December 18, 2012, 05:51:04 PM »
They also need to look into the design of the regular stalls.  The reason I sometimes use the handicapped stall is that when I get into the regular stall, I have to straddle the toilet in order to close the door!

I especially love this design in airports and bus stations. Where I usually wait for the HC stall so I can take my suitcase in w/ me and not leave it sitting out to get stolen.

I do this a lot when I am traveling. 

You aren't supposed to leave your luggage unattended BUT the stalls are too small to take the luggage in with you, unless you use the handicapped stall.  At least in most airports (especially the larger ones), the baby change station is not in the handicapped stall too. 
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #92 on: December 19, 2012, 12:36:52 PM »

Me too. It's a ridiculous setup.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls