Etiquette School is in session! > Complete Silence

You are always eating

<< < (2/2)

onyonryngs:

--- Quote from: TurtleDove on December 18, 2012, 02:48:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: kayesse on December 18, 2012, 05:11:39 AM ---I think it might have been a thoughtless comment and not intended with any malice and I may be a bit sensitive about the issue.
--- End quote ---

This.  My favorite advice is to be blissful and stupid.  Happily assume the coworker meant well (and here I didn't get a sense of malice at all, but I know in some situations it's there).  I would have just laughed and said something like, "We do seem to be on the same schedule today, don't we!"

--- End quote ---

Yes, a "Ha!  So do you!" would take care of it pretty neatly.

MrsJWine:
It sounds like a joke about how you keep meeting to me. She was also eating both times you saw her. It sounds like a variation on, "We have to stop meeting like this!" when you run into someone several times in a day. It doesn't sound like it had anything to do with your eating habits. But maybe I'm missing something.

kayesse:
Thank you  for the responses. I really appreciate the feedback from an external perspective.  I like the idea of being blissfully ignorant and will stay in my own  little world and be blissfully cheerful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version