Author Topic: A Far Reaching Thank You Note  (Read 1338 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
A Far Reaching Thank You Note
« on: December 18, 2012, 10:45:20 AM »
My Dad has some periodontal disease and so sees a dentist, specializing in periodontics, every 6 months.  The dentist is located about 1.5 hours away from where Dad lives so he is often there early.  They do their best to see him early, if their day allows.  As well as looking after his remaining teeth, they do a thorough cleaning of his partial plates.  When he went in the spring, they really went out of their way to make him comfortable.

Dad wrote a thank you note to the office and talked about what a good team they made and didn't think another thing about it.  When he went in this week, 6 months later, his hygenist made a point of commenting on his note.  Apparently, it is posted on the board in their lunch room and when she is having a bad day, she goes and rereads the note.  And she's not the only one.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

EmmaJ.

Re: A Far Reaching Thank You Note
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 02:17:34 PM »
That was so thoughtful of your dad.  And I'm glad the hygenist let him know how much it meant to her.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: A Far Reaching Thank You Note
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 10:59:49 AM »
the joys of a well-written thank-you note!