Author Topic: Wrapping Unboxed Items  (Read 1231 times)

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
Wrapping Unboxed Items
« on: December 19, 2012, 05:00:40 PM »
I had a lightbulb moment this morning when I went into a dollar store:

If you use enough tissue, you don't even need tape.  Afterwards just put in a gift bag and call it Christmas.

The husband of the White Citrus recipient will get B&BW's Citron.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
Re: Wrapping Unboxed Items
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 05:09:38 PM »
Not a bad idea at all.  I really like those festive bags.  The only thing I would add might be a bit more ribbon.  I do love my bows.

We receive quite a few wrapped but not boxed items for Christmas.  Since our family is heavily into gifts of socks ( wouldn't Dumbledore like us) there's always a bit of sweet squishiness under our tree. 

Venus193

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 05:11:27 PM »
I may still do that later with curling ribbon.  Fortunately my mischievous furbabies haven't been bothering me while wrapping gifts.

Lynn2000

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2012, 05:32:09 PM »
Tissue paper and bags can be very helpful! Especially since they both come in so many more colors/designs these days. The other day I wrapped plain ol' books in tissue paper, no tape, and put them in a gift bag. I used enough paper that the recipient couldn't see through it, and each book was in a different color/design. One book was for her toddler and she said he played with the tissue paper a long time. :D

Plus, if unwrapped with a small bit of care, you can reuse the tissue paper. True of regular paper, too, of course, but I've never actually seen anyone do that. My dad drives me nuts carefully unwrapping his packages without tearing the paper... then crumples it up and throws it away.  ::)
~Lynn2000

Venus193

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2012, 05:47:59 PM »
I don't try to save tissue paper that isn't used in a shirt or lingerie box.   However, mylar "paper" is very salvageable.

kelly_jeanie

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2012, 05:49:26 PM »
Those turned out very nice!  Thanks for the illustration and the idea.

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 11:48:18 AM »
Awesome idea! I always end up doing the 'roll paper around it and tie it at both ends' thing with oddly shaped or soft things - or resort to gift bags, which in our family get used for years.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 01:18:04 PM »
...One book was for her toddler and she said he played with the tissue paper a long time. :D

That's a VERY successful gift! Congratulations on your score!

whiskeytangofoxtrot

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 02:04:04 PM »
Cute- nice job!

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 02:15:28 PM »
nice!

I've also wrapped unboxed items in clear cellophane paper and raffia string, sometimes i sprinkle some dried petals inside. i've seen them do that at the local body shop-type stores.

If i'm doing baked goods, i'll sometimes cut a round piece of cardboard, cover with tin foil, then wrap as above

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools