Author Topic: The Coworker Christmas Photo  (Read 6144 times)

Danika

• I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying.
Re: The Coworker Christmas Photo
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 01:55:41 AM »
No advice here, but I wanted to say that I'm just dying for you to scan in and post that photo here. I know you can't and shouldn't. But I still wanted to mention it.  >:D

nyarlathotep

• My other blade is Vorpal
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 07:40:42 AM »
I guess this all hinges on what the OP means by '"Artistic" glamour photo'. Is she posing inappropriately or something?

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 09:39:25 AM »
I think it's more the kind you get at sears, with soft lighting and airbrushing

Fleur

« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 09:43:30 AM »
I guess this all hinges on what the OP means by '"Artistic" glamour photo'. Is she posing inappropriately or something?

Exactly. To me, a 'glamour' shot means one in a bikini or a bathing suit. Very inappropriate indeed!

RegionMom

• Super Hero!
  • ♪♫ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪♫ ♪ ♪♪♫ ♪♫ ♪♫
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 09:50:36 AM »
Oh, the glamour shots I have seen have feather boas and huge drop earrings, and tons of make-up, but not usually nekkid or skin, because most have been of married/older/motherly women.  (And on display, so the sexy ones may be hidden in a back bedroom, and I do NOT want to go searching for them!  Full disclosure--I had glamour shots done just when I was engaged, and while cheesy, and my teens roll their eyes, it is not too embarrassing.)

The OP said she was in a solid white outfit, so I am picturing a bad pants suit. >:D
I think it is funny, and I would not report it.  That would be pulled out every year though, for a laugh to start the decorating!
Fear is temporary...Regret is forever.

bopper

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 10:11:23 AM »
Can you post the picture but blur out her face? Then we would be able to give you advice. Until then, no, just can't help. :-)

yokozbornak

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 10:11:50 AM »
Oh, the glamour shots I have seen have feather boas and huge drop earrings, and tons of make-up, but not usually nekkid or skin, because most have been of married/older/motherly women.  (And on display, so the sexy ones may be hidden in a back bedroom, and I do NOT want to go searching for them!  Full disclosure--I had glamour shots done just when I was engaged, and while cheesy, and my teens roll their eyes, it is not too embarrassing.)

The OP said she was in a solid white outfit, so I am picturing a bad pants suit. >:D
I think it is funny, and I would not report it.  That would be pulled out every year though, for a laugh to start the decorating!

Yes, it looks like some type of photo from Glamour Shots if anyone remembers that place.  Soft lighting, weird posing, serious expression, and for Christmas - TINSEL!  I don't think it's an actual Glamour Shots photo because I don't think they exist anymore, but that's what it reminded me of.

Danika

• I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying.
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 11:20:19 AM »
I couldn't help myself. I had to search. Glamour Shots still do exist. Looks like they're trying to be more mainstream and do mostly family portraits now.

http://www.glamourshots.com/

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2012, 02:06:20 PM »
I had glamour shots done years ago...and I would certainly not consider sending them out to a bunch of people, especially little kids! There was nothing racy about them, but still with all the make up and big hair and stuff...it's more like something you share with your SO.

Anyway, it sounds like good intentions gone bad here. I would let it go and not report it, but there's no reason you can't enjoy a good giggle out of it  ;D.

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

Fleur

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2012, 03:19:36 PM »

Ah, sorry for the confusion. In the UK, a 'glamour model' is one who does underwear/topless shots. I think that the nomenclature might be different in the US.

doodlemor

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2012, 03:49:49 PM »

Me too.  I chuckle every time I think of this. 

amylouky

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2012, 03:52:58 PM »
Another vote for funny and not offensive.. it sounds like she was trying to give everyone a laugh at her own expense (hence the silly tinsel and scowl/joy blocks).
I actually think my boys (3 and 5) would have loved to get a picture of their teacher. They may not have gotten the humor in itbut I definitely wouldn't be offended or find it inappropriate that she gave them such a picture.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2012, 04:34:52 PM »
Since it is a greeting card, I don't think a Thank You note is necessary from anyone.  And since it was given to your child, I don't think you should engage the principal. 

When you stated "artistic" I was imagining half naked.  But if fully clothed and you just don't like the composition of the photo, I'm not sure what you'd be reporting anyway.

yokozbornak

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2012, 04:45:01 PM »
Since it is a greeting card, I don't think a Thank You note is necessary from anyone.  And since it was given to your child, I don't think you should engage the principal. 

When you stated "artistic" I was imagining half naked.  But if fully clothed and you just don't like the composition of the photo, I'm not sure what you'd be reporting anyway.

Like I said, I wouldn't mention it to get the teacher in trouble but to give the director a heads up.  I know the parents at this school very well, and there is no doubt in my mind that a few of them have already given the director an earful.  Seriously, one of them reported a teacher because she had a window open.  Most parents are great, but there is a small contingent that are seriously uptight and would be very offended by something like this.

kitkatswing

« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2012, 07:51:27 PM »
Can you post the picture but blur out her face? Then we would be able to give you advice. Until then, no, just can't help. :-)

This.. Please.... You cant have a thread like this without showing the photo :)