Author Topic: What holiday foods do you dislike? (intensely)  (Read 7533 times)

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
Re: What holiday foods do you dislike? (intensely)
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2012, 05:57:31 PM »
Never did like eggnog too much, though I've never had it with any kind of alcohol added so that may be the reason! LOL!  I may try some with some whiskey added just to see if that improves it. :)

Haven't yet met a fruitcake I liked but part of it is that I haven't been a huge fan of the candied jellied fruit in it.

One year my mother made rabbit stew for Christmas Eve dinner.  I'd never had it before, tried to avoid having it at all but didn't know how to refuse without being rude so I tried it and will not be having it again. :P 

I'm going to make sweet potato casserole with whiskey added, a recipe a friend gave me years ago and I tried making it once and it turned out rather good, though my MIL (whom I usually get along with) kept saying I was trying to get them drunk.  She's not against alcohol but doesn't drink it much, never cooked with it, so I don't think she knew that when you cook with spirits the alcohol burns off and you're left with just the flavor. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Amara

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2012, 06:25:09 PM »
Ham of any kind but especially Honey Baked. The sight of it makes me sick and I can guarantee you the smell of it will send me running to the bathroom, hand over mouth.

Editeer

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 06:40:10 PM »
Pfeffernusse  :P
Egg nog
Mince pie

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2012, 06:46:08 PM »
Jello salad with meat in it.

Ew.  I've heard of fruits and veggies, but meat?  Yes, I know what gelatin is made from, but still... :P

You have got to be kidding! I was raised in the '50s and have never seen that.

Fruits are OK. Vegies questionable. But meat?

Blech!

BabylonSister

• Shake it!
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2012, 06:49:17 PM »
Ham of any kind but especially Honey Baked. The sight of it makes me sick and I can guarantee you the smell of it will send me running to the bathroom, hand over mouth.

I was wondering if I was the only one to dislike ham. I don't downright hate it but it's not something I'd choose to eat. It's way too salty for my taste.

I'm also not a fan of candy cane flavoring in anything.  I'll eat any pie you put in front of me (and also the one you're trying to hide) but hold the Cool Whip. I can't stand that.

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
    • My Fitness/Singing Blog
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2012, 06:53:13 PM »
Green bean casserole. Mushrooms and green beans do not belong together in my mouth.

Pumpkin pie. I like pecan pie for the holidays much more.

"To study and practice the goodness of life, the beauty of art, the meaning of music...To speak the words that build, that bless and comfort...And again, to practice./This is to be our symphony."

MrsCrazyPete

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2012, 07:02:53 PM »
Egg nog
Green bean casserole
Gravy

Ew to all of them!!
Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2012, 07:35:03 PM »
Mince pie.

Any spice flavored candy.  Cinnamon ribbon candy is especially vile and getting a wintergreen gum drop when you expect spearmint is just cruel. 

Marshmallows in anything except hot chocolate.

My Grandpa's favorite stuffing -- mashed potatoes, sautéed onions, caraways seeds and raisins.  :P

Nikko-chan

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2012, 08:21:15 PM »
cranberry sauce
smelts
calamari possibly (have never tried will have to report back)
creamed veggies in bread cups

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2012, 09:34:53 PM »

I was wondering if I was the only one to dislike ham. I don't downright hate it but it's not something I'd choose to eat. It's way too salty for my taste.

I'm also not a fan of candy cane flavoring in anything.  I'll eat any pie you put in front of me (and also the one you're trying to hide) but hold the Cool Whip. I can't stand that.

Nope, you aren't the only one!  i also can't stand any kind of sweet potato; just don't like the taste, creamed onions, green bean casserole or mince pie. My mother LOVES mince pie, so she always makes one but to me it smells awful.  one year she even made her OWN mincemeat, but it was such a PITA she never did it again.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2012, 09:36:06 PM »
Cranberry sauce. I like cranberry juice but I guess I just have never been too fond of anything that's jellied.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2012, 09:40:26 PM »
I like most holiday foods, even fruit cake!  But I do not like green bean casserole.  Blech.

finecabernet

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2012, 09:50:48 PM »
Turkey. I hate it and have for a long time. I usually fill up on sides on Thanksgiving.

Also thanks to the person who also hates meat gravy. Have always hated it and thought I was the only one.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2012, 10:00:23 PM »
Oh, dear! I forgot about cranberries, gooseberries, and rhubarb! I can not see them as foods, ever!
Just a reason to eat sugar - blech!

SCAJAfamily

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2012, 10:04:43 PM »
pumpkin pie
yams
eggnog
SCAJAfamily = dd S 21, ds C 14, ds A 11, dh J and myself dw A