Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

Crispy skins in roaster ovens

<< < (5/6) > >>

jpcher:
Okay. Color me ignorant.

I dug out my users guide (which, on purchase, I just threw in a zip-lock along with the receipt and warranty papers and filed away with the rest of my appliance information :-[).

Surprise, surprise, surprise! You can cook/bake anything in this thing! From cookies to pizza . . . I always used my old one as a glorified crock-pot.

Thanks, sparksals, for gently holding my hand and getting my head out of the sand on this remarkable tool I have. ;D

sparksals:
You're not ignorant!  Hope I didn't make you feel that way!

It worked like a charm to heat up two hot dips I made for our party on Saturday whihc allowed me to heat everything else up in the oven.  I had everything on the table when guests started to arrive.  No trying to get through the kitchen party people!

I am making beef stock in it today from the left over Christmas Prime Rib bones and marrow bones from the mashed potatoes.  My stockpot is a bit too small for the big bones and my roaster fit everything perfectly.  Never done stock in it before, so will report back. 

jpcher:

--- Quote from: sparksals on December 31, 2012, 03:10:47 PM ---You're not ignorant!  Hope I didn't make you feel that way!

It worked like a charm to heat up two hot dips I made for our party on Saturday whihc allowed me to heat everything else up in the oven.  I had everything on the table when guests started to arrive.  No trying to get through the kitchen party people!

I am making beef stock in it today from the left over Christmas Prime Rib bones and marrow bones from the mashed potatoes.  My stockpot is a bit too small for the big bones and my roaster fit everything perfectly.  Never done stock in it before, so will report back.

--- End quote ---

Oh, no . . . you didn't make me feel that way. It's just one of those silly things, me thinking "I've had this product before" so I didn't bother to read the manual that made me roll my eyes at myself.

How did your stock turn out?

sparksals:
It turned out amazing!  It will be my new method of doing all kinds of stock.  Far less messy, no spill overs.  It was very concentrated and flavourful once I strained it.

Lynnv:
Great idea!   I don't use my roaster often, but that would work better than the stovetop for big batches.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version