General Etiquette > Holidays

Is my mom rude, I know this is lagte and I can only do so much?

(1/9) > >>

LilacRosey:
My brother and my sister in law to be are joining my family for Holiday tomorrow and I asked my mom what she got her and she said nothing because she isn't famiuly.  I got her something because I thought I should and I told my mom she should as well. Who is right? And if I am should I add my mom and dad's name to my gift so it looks right?, Lilacrosey

Kaypeep:
Do not add your parent's name to your gift.  Let your mom and dad stand by their own choices and decisions.  Stay far away from this as possible.   Cultivate your own relationships and handle your own gift giving.

Knitterly:

--- Quote from: Kaypeep on December 24, 2012, 09:39:43 PM ---Do not add your parent's name to your gift.  Let your mom and dad stand by their own choices and decisions.  Stay far away from this as possible.   Cultivate your own relationships and handle your own gift giving.

--- End quote ---

Agreed.

Your mother knew your sister in law was coming.  I think it is awful that your mom doesn't consider her daughter in law to be family.  But that is her choice to make that decision.  She will have to suffer the consequences in her relationship with her son for making that distinction.

Do NOT add your parents names to your gift.  The gift is coming from you, not them.  it was picked, purchased, and wrapped by you.  It is not from them.

LilacRosey:
sorry, she's my brother's fiance not yet married, but engaged. But she is sharing Holiday with us so I thought it rude not to get her anything at all.

Thanks all, I was just clarifying the status., Lilacrosey

kherbert05:
You are right and your Mom sounds determine to start off on the wrong foot with her new DIL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version