Author Topic: A Holiday TYN Question...  (Read 1931 times)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
A Holiday TYN Question...
« on: December 25, 2012, 12:26:25 PM »
This year, just about everyone in the family with whom we exchange gifts gave us socks.  All of the gifts are Smartwool socks in whimsical patterns.

I really appreciate these gifts because socks in this house tend to disappear with alarming frequency and givers have a good idea of patterns we like. 

All of those who gave the socks are also fans of Harry Potter.

Would mentioning in the TYNs  how much Dumbledore would enjoy Christmas at our house be considered snarky?  I don't want to offend and doubt that I will.  Still,  you never know. 

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
Re: A Holiday TYN Question...
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2012, 12:51:14 PM »
I think it would be great! You could also mention that Dobby is sad that no one is wearing mismatched socks any more.

It is a "know your audience" situation but it seems like everyone involved would understand and appreciate the humour.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 11:08:41 AM »
The Dobby reference is wonderful, thank you!

The people who gave us the socks are also shoes-off-in-the-house people.  When we next visit them, it would be a hoot to wear mis-matched socks that they gave us, unless we visit them in July.

Yes, they'd all get the joke and appreciate it.   

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 01:51:12 PM »
I'd be charmed by that in a TYN for socks. A lovely touch.

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 03:26:54 AM »

As someone who is plain silly about socks that sounds like a great thank you note.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem