General Etiquette > Holidays

What was your favorite gift this year?

(1/21) > >>

siamesecat2965:
I got some really cool stuff from my mom, but a couple things really stood out and I love, so i was wondering what everyone else got, that they really like.

I got ove gloves; knit gloves with silicone to help grip hot pans etc.  My mom has them, and I've been using them all week. I know I'll get a lot of use out of them.  she also got me something whimsical, yet functional.  From the MOMA catalog, this leather kangeroo, which holds paper clips etc in its pouches, and can hold notes in its mouth. She thought it was cute, and that I'd like it, and she was correct!

Knitterly:
I got a WooLee Winder for my spinning wheel.  I'm absolutely thrilled beyond words with it.  :)

I also went out and took advantage of a Christmas Eve sale at the local craft shop and bought myself a little pottery wheel, a bunch of sculpey and fimo, and some sculpey glaze.  I'm hoping to make it back to the store tomorrow to pick up more sculpey.  I'm almost through what I've got.

I haven't cracked into the pottery wheel yet, as I need to clean up my work space first. 

Mr K and I got Little Knit a puppy toy that jumps around and barks.  She is completely in love.  We both knew she would be, though.  She fell in love with that thing the first time she saw it at the toy store.  I've got my money on Mr K breaking down and buying her a real puppy in about 5 years or so.  ;)

magicdomino:
$50 gift card for Home Depot, my home away from home.   :)  This year has been a particularly expensive one for home repairs, and I guess my brother remembered my grumbling.

Knitterly:

--- Quote from: magicdomino on December 25, 2012, 01:41:21 PM ---$50 gift card for Home Depot, my home away from home.   :)  This year has been a particularly expensive one for home repairs, and I guess my brother remembered my grumbling.

--- End quote ---
I love that (that your brother remembered, not that it's been expensive for repairs).  I find the very best/nicest gifts are the ones that come from someone who listened to you earlier in the year and remembered when it was time to buy a gift.  :)

Delia DeLyons:
Kindle Paperwhite :-) I am very excited about this... I never saw it coming, but always wanted an e-reader! I thought was beyond my reach with no smartphone or wi-fi, but apparently not!  My BF is getting lots of extra squeezes :-)

Also, my mom made each of us (4) kids a personalized 2013 calendar from shutterfly that is so awesome and thoughtful - I've looked through mine 17 times at least! 

And Pop gave me a hot pink and yellow hoodie he picked especially for me... And surprisngly, I love it. And it was so cute he chose it himself with no Mom influence.

Hope everyone is having a lovely, relaxing, happy, peaceful day!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version