Author Topic: What was your favorite gift this year?  (Read 12806 times)

Luci

• Super Hero!
Re: What was your favorite gift this year?
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2012, 09:01:59 PM »
My dad made a hutch for me.  I love it!

Stunning!

(PS I've missed you!)

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2012, 09:15:25 PM »
My favorite gift is without a doubt Jiji, the  1 year old American Short Hair Boyfriend got for me.

A marvelous gift for all concerned, including Jiji.   :D

Indeed! Very sweet story.  So glad that the kitty is at home.   :)

I think Jiji's my favorite gift this Christmas too. :D

Me too.  A story like this just keeps on giving!
My favorite gift is without a doubt Jiji, the  1 year old American Short Hair Boyfriend got for me.

Best. Gift. Ever! for both you and JiJi. He' a pretty boy!

Hope I did a good job of editing and including everyond so that I can add my 'Best story of the thread So Far Award'! Thank you.

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum

CookieChica

« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2012, 09:25:34 PM »
A mustard yellow coat - I always love a new, unique winter coat and it was the color I was dying for but had a hard time finding one to show as an example. Luckily, my mom came through as always and I LOVE it.

HoneyBee42

« Reply #49 on: December 26, 2012, 09:42:35 PM »
I got a huge spontaneous hug from middle son (age 14).

OK, not completely spontaneous--he had just opened my gift to him, which was an iPod touch (he totally was not expecting).  He's one of those who thinks he can figure out his gifts beforehand so I wrapped a note in a tiny box (the size that would hold a ring) which directed him to where I had actually hidden it.  I also gave him a baseball-looking case (he plays baseball avidly and has been doing workouts w/ the coach of the high school team and a lot of other young men) and a $15 card to start him with tunes and apps.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #50 on: December 26, 2012, 09:53:14 PM »
I am the world's worst gift choser (1 out of 3 successes is a really good average for me) and I am really hard to buy for.

I loved the Innocent Ladies Muscato wine from Australia that our daughter served at Thanksgiving - she calls it 5 Drunk Ladies because even women that don't drink had 2 glasses each and the nondrinkers got a little high, so I received 2 bottles!

Our granddaughter - 10 - got a Blingles kit from Santa and was working on it here. I said that it was really cool and it really looked like fun; wish I had one. Then the 6 year old had her Pillow Pet and I laughed and said I actually thought for a couple of minutes about getting the unicorn for myself. The family went to Walmart for some necessities and to spend part of their Christmas cash, and did shopping for my birthday (Jan 21) - a Blingles and the unicorn Pillow Pet. My wine glasses never looked better - I've been playing. Son asked me if I felt young - no, but I feel silly and indulged.

The bag they brought it in says, "Dream Big!" on it, so I looked at Lucas and said, making sure that Son and his Wife were listening, that I would really like an all electric car. Daughter in Law said, "Keep dreaming." Oh well, I tried.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 12:22:04 PM by Luci45 »

violinp

• cabbagegirl28's my sister :)
« Reply #51 on: December 26, 2012, 11:09:05 PM »
All of my gifts were awesome, but I looooove the blanket my grandma gave me. It's white and fluffy on the side that's on me, and the top is silky feeling and giraffe print. I'm always freezing my butt off, but that keeps really toasty warm and it's so fun to touch! It's this blanket: http://www.amazon.com/Northpoint-Sherpa-Throw-White-Tiger/dp/B004AE2J0G/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1356581205&sr=8-11&keywords=northpoint+blanket , in case anyone wants to know.
"It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends" - Harry Potter

LibraryLady

« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2012, 10:46:47 AM »
My husband paid my car payment for me (but I think he paid off the car!!!) I only have (had) 8 months left on it.
Which is pretty  cool.
Now we are debt free, until I pay off my discover card for Christmas, which will be done in January :) :) :) :)

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2012, 11:08:36 AM »
I am the world's worst gift choser (1 out of 3 successes is a really good average for me) and I am really hard to buy for.

I loved the Innocent Ladies Muscato wine from Australia that our daughter served at Thanksgiving - she calls it 5 Drunk Ladies because even women that don't drink had 2 glasses each and the nondrinkers got a little high, so I received 2 bottles!

Our granddaughter - 10 - got a Blinges kit from Santa and was working on it here. I said that it was really cool and it really looked like fun; wish I had one. Then the 6 year old had her Pillow Pet and I laughed and said I actually thought for a couple of minutes about getting the unicorn for myself. The family went to Walmart for some necessities and to spend part of their Christmas cash, and did shopping for my birthday (Jan 21) - a Blingles and the unicorn Pillow Pet. My wine glasses never looked better - I've been playing. Son asked me if I felt young - no, but I feel silly and indulged.

The bag they brought it in says, "Dream Big!" on it, so I looked at Lucas and said, making sure that Son and his Wife were listening, that I would really like an all electric car. Daughter in Law said, "Keep dreaming." Oh well, I tried.

I read that first as you wanting an electric guitar and wondered why you should keep dreaming :) That is cool you got toys; i got some, too, including a stuffed Sully (from Monsters, Inc.) that Gish tricked me into thinking was for his 4 year old niece. He is meant to be a protector for my camper :)
The funniest of all my gifts is a hat that Gish got me. I think i have mentioned before that when the Husky is being a pain my usual threat to him is, "Dog, if you keep it up i am going to make a very beautiful and disturbing hat out of your head and use your feet for mittens." Somewhere Gish found a hat that is made to look like a husky's head and it has little mittens attached. Gish thinks it is hideous, but he knew i would love it. I can't stop laughing about it.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Girlie

« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2012, 02:59:37 PM »
Best gift this year:

Definitely my third band for my wedding set from  my DH.
My original set is actually only two bands, but I've been wanting a third band for the past two years. DH made sure I got it this year, and it looks so pretty. :)

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2012, 03:32:57 PM »
The Sweetie gave me a silver-set pendant of charoite, a beautiful marbly purple gemstone from Siberia. We discovered it at a local fair, and I went nuts for it.
Current fosters: Boojum (F, adult); Zuul (F); Magpie (M); Balrog (M); Nazgul (F)

camlan

• Super Hero!
« Reply #56 on: December 27, 2012, 04:09:56 PM »

It lights up and the lights blink on and off.

No idea where I'll be wearing it, but it deserves to be seen.

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!” –Audrey Hepburn

CakeBeret

« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2012, 04:32:34 PM »
It lights up and the lights blink on and off.

No idea where I'll be wearing it, but it deserves to be seen.

CRUD MONKEYS! I never knew I wanted that until right now. And now I want it desperately.
"From a procrastination standpoint, today has been wildly successful."

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #58 on: December 27, 2012, 04:38:44 PM »
I love Jiji's story! :) And the name too, reminds me of the cat in Kiki's Delivery Service, voiced by the late Phil Hartman.

We got a very cool electric self basting roaster. :D Ours died at Tgiving so we had to cook the turkey in the oven instead and wake up to baste it every few hours during the night. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Drawberry

« Reply #59 on: December 27, 2012, 05:34:38 PM »
I love Jiji's story! :) And the name too, reminds me of the cat in Kiki's Delivery Service, voiced by the late Phil Hartman.

We got a very cool electric self basting roaster. :D Ours died at Tgiving so we had to cook the turkey in the oven instead and wake up to baste it every few hours during the night. 

That's exactly where I got the name! I loved Kiki's Delivery Service as a child (and still do) and knew right away what to name him ;D

That sounds like it was an awful helpful gift to have, I know I am not patient enough to interrupt my sleep for turkey basting duty! :P