Author Topic: What food did you overindulge in today? (Christmas day)  (Read 1631 times)

starry diadem

• διάδημα: The Glass Hat
Re: What food did you overindulge in today? (Christmas day)
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2012, 02:44:51 AM »
Home made tiramisu.    Irresistible and all too easy to eat until you can barely move...
Mysterious ravens go after local farmer's potatoes

BarensMom

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2012, 03:03:21 AM »
My nephew's wife made frosted sugar and candy-cane cookies, in addition to dinner.  We were all so full from that, we couldn't do justice to the Nation's chocolate creme pie (which is considered a crime in the Bay Area). 

I'm so full, I never want to eat again.

Fleur

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2012, 04:56:44 AM »

I actually ended up having two dinners; a friend of mine was ill, so I took lunch to her. I ate fairly lightly, as I find that cooking the whole morning means that you are less hungry. But then, I joined other friends for dinner. I had almost no main course, but I did end up having a little too much delicious cheese. And then I had pudding as well! Greedy greedy, but Christmas is only once a year.

JennJenn68

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2012, 06:12:35 AM »
Oh, dear.  I wish that I had been able to "overindulge", but I woke up yesterday morning with a wonky tummy that turned into a full-blown attack of gastroenteritis within the hour.  I haven't been so sick for years.  It took ages before I was able to keep even Gravol down, and at least that got me to our in-laws for the family dinner, but no power on earth could make me eat much of it.  (Jello was about all I could stomach.  Everything else seemed to have dairy products in it, which makes any of my gastro problems a hundred times worse.)

Still feeling a bit funny down below today, so I probably won't be well enough to eat the leftovers.  My son will have them cleaned out by the end of the day, I'm sure!

Amava

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2012, 07:10:57 AM »
I overindulged in the leftover deviled eggs.:D
(We celebrate on Christmas Eve and take it easy on Christmas.)

You know you are erring on the side of preparing too much food, when even deviled eggs have leftovers.  ;D
And before someone asks: sorry, they're all gone now!  ;)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2012, 09:08:30 AM »
Collin Street Bakery fruitcake.  I detest most fruitcake but that one is truly scrumptious.  Between the two of us, we'll be lucky if it lasts until New Years. 

LibraryLady

« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2012, 11:50:26 AM »
Soapapilla Cheesecake

Chicken enchiladas w/sour cream sauce

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2012, 12:23:22 PM »
Mulled cider! LOL! DH made it in the crockpot at the in-laws and I had at least 3 cups of it.  He swears he didn't put anything in it, but for some reason I got very silly from drinking it.   My IL's aren't much for alcohol. They don't completely abstain but they drink very seldomly so to put anything in it would have assured they wouldn't drink it and I'd probably be the only one drinking it.

Also the tipsy sweet potatoes.  While the il's joked about the flavor of the whiskey being rather strong (might have to reduce the amount to 1/3 cup rather than the 2/3 cup the recipe calls for) everyone had some and finished it off.
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

doodlemor

« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2012, 12:57:28 PM »
I have had a bit of flu, and we had to cancel our Christmas dinner.  For the last two days I've been eating oatmeal............and Swedish style cinnamon buns, almond cake, and soft ginger bread.  Probably I ate 7 - 8 buns yesterday,

I decided that the buns and the cakes would be in the same category as as the*toast* and *rice* of the BRAT diet.

It seemed to help - I'm on the mend.

hermanne

• Visualize whorled peas...
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2012, 01:09:11 PM »
Ham! I rarely make it as DH   doesn't like it, but we went to his sister's for dinner and she had a nice spiral cut honey ham. There wasn't much left by the time everyone went home. I wasn't the only one who enjoyed it!
Bad spellers of the world, UNTIE!

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2012, 01:29:25 PM »
Everything I put in my mouth.  Started with too many tamales for breakfast, then cheese ball once guests started arriving,  over did the prime rib and fried oysters, but did myself in on the sopapilla cheesecake, sticky toffee pudding, and cheery chip cake. 

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2012, 02:31:50 PM »
My sister's Potato salad which is just like our Mom's. 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

happygrrl

• Happy Girlie OI OI OI
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2012, 02:42:14 PM »
Salmon dip. I don't want to see it again for a while.....a long while.
"I am the laziest person on Earth. I want to learn to photosynthesize so I can buy a sun lamp and survive without getting out of bed."  M-theory 11/23/10

Mikayla

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2012, 03:32:36 PM »
My sis sent me 20 bags of Walgreen's chocolate covered licorice (comes in black and strawberry flavors)  Only 12 bags are left and I opened it last night. 

Kaora

• I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2012, 04:25:51 PM »
Maybe a teensy bit on some home made fudge truffles.  Maybe.  But I was good everywhere else! :P ::)