Author Topic: What food did you overindulge in today? (Christmas day)  (Read 1653 times)

IslandMama

Re: What food did you overindulge in today? (Christmas day)
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2012, 04:28:32 PM »
Naughty Potato Salad - named because the potatoes are given to naughty children in their Santa Sack (imagine what present that must have been! shame you were naughty that day that Santa checked in!) and not because of the ingredients.  Uh, then again, it's potatoes diced, boiled and drained, mixed with fried bacon and onion, sour cream, shaved parmesan cheese and chopped shallots/the green parts from spring onions, depending on what you can get.  We serve it warm to begin with but it's also lovely eaten cold.

Pavlova - this years was topped with a mountain of whipped cream, raspberries/strawberries/blueberries, crushed Malteasers and shavings of dark chocolate.

And, of course, the roast turkey breast served with brie and cranberry sauce.  We're Australian so it's generally cold meat and salads, not a full on roast meal (although some people do that in the evening, most of us don't bother as its too hot) but I cooked a turkey breast, sliced it and put wedges of brie and the cranberry sauce on the platter and everyone loved it.

catgal

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2012, 08:19:59 PM »
IslandMama, yep, it was the pavlova that did us in too.  Lots of whipped cream and berries.  It looked so festive and pretty but DH and I both ate way too much  ;D

There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast.

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2012, 11:14:51 PM »
Peanut clusters from a local chocolate company...oh yummmmmmm.. ;D

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2012, 12:31:59 AM »
Spare Ribs.  I made 9 racks for Christmas Dinner and I started eating testing them them around noon and had a half rack for dinner.  We had three racks left over that I brought home, so I'll be eating ribs for the next few days.

staceym

« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2012, 09:34:51 AM »
I overindulged on food in general  ;D

For a year now (well almost - January 1 will be a year) - I have been on a diet/food watch/healthy food kick and have lost quite a bit of weight.  One of the reasons I have been able to do it and continue to do it for a year now is that I let myself indulge on holidays/special occassions  - so Christmas day I actually was able to taste the cookies I baked.  I baked a ton of baked goods to gift and also to bring to parties/work, etc. (and never sampled or tasted one) - so it was Cheesy potatoes, ham, biscuits, cookies, pepperoni rolls, oh yes, also a piece of Godiva chocolate  :P

but I'm back on the band wagon ;)

heartmug

Re: What food did you iverindulge in today? (Christmas day)
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2012, 12:41:47 PM »
One option in a tug of war with someone is just to drop the rope.

kckgirl

« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2012, 01:03:30 PM »
I actually didn't overindulge in anything this year. We ate at around 1 p.m. and had a fairly large meal. My mother and I got home around  3-4 p.m. and didn't have dinner because we still felt full, but nobody really overdid it this year. That's unusual.
Maryland

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2012, 06:05:48 PM »
Chocolate chip cookies! Mom and I made them and I ate at least two cookies worth of batter, plus six once they were cooled off. I don't know what she does, but they always turn out soft, chewy and thin so the chips make them bumpy. Omnomnomnom.
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2012, 05:34:05 AM »

Plum pudding with custard but I mainly drank a lot of alcohol.
Johnny Walker platinum at the parents then gallons of wine at my friends house that night.
Stewart/Colbert '16