Author Topic: You people have ruined me  (Read 1645 times)

NotCinderell

You people have ruined me
« on: December 27, 2012, 09:42:34 AM »
My husband and I live in what was his parents' house.  He's currently in the process of cleaning out the basement and happened upon his family's rather extensive boardgame stash. 

Guess which one we play every night now?  And really, really enjoy? 

Yeah,  that one.

AmethystAnne

• mom, grandmother, and an enthusaistic knitter & crocheter (formerly Laura___)
  • So much yarn, not nearly enough time! :D
Re: You people have ruined me
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 09:45:19 AM »
LOL  ;D

cheyne

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 11:27:08 AM »
My son and DIL were here on Christmas.  DS, DD and DIL wanted to play a board game and picked Scrabble out of the closet.  The ensueing conversation went like this:

DD:  Mom, are you and Dad going to play?
DIL: Yes, would you like to play?  It's more fun with more people.
DS:  No!  I don't want Mom to play!  She's so good at it that no one else has a chance of winning!  Dad can play 'cause he stinks at Scrabble!
DH:  We have to let your mom play since she's the Scrabble Queen and would be upset if we left her out.
Cheyne:  You all go ahead, I'm still working on Christmas dinner.

Normal conversation about a board game?  NOT! I was laughing myself to death thinking about ehell. 

NotTheNarcissist

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 02:07:03 PM »
That's hilarious! Love it.

LadyMisha

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2012, 02:37:45 PM »
Is it bad that I'm over here snickering and repeating the phrase "Scrabble QUEEN!" in my head??? LOLOL
Kids - the toughest job you'll ever love!

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2012, 02:44:03 PM »
What's killing me is, "It's more fun with more people."
"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Kendo_Bunny

• I'm inquisitive!
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2012, 02:57:50 PM »
When I started chatting with the young man I see, I asked what he did.

"Oh, I play competitive Scrabble. I'm trying to get to championship level. Do you want to play sometime?"

Thank heavens I didn't have a drink.

Sophia

• Super Hero!
  • xi
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 03:02:29 PM »
I can see "Scrabble" as being some sort of secret e-Hell way to recognize each other.  Like one day I'll be in a large crowd of people and someone mentions "Scramble" in conversation like Cheyne's family did. Then I look around and see someone snickering.  I walk up to the snickerer and say "Hi, Sophia is my online name." 

BB-VA

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2012, 09:04:26 PM »

"Oh, I play competitive Scrabble. I'm trying to get to championship level. Do you want to play sometime?"

The term "competetive Scrabble" takes on a whole new meaning in the EHell universe.

How the heck would you score it?
"The Universe puts us in places where we can learn. They are never easy places, but they are right. Wherever we are, it's the right place and the right time. Pain that sometimes comes is part of the process of constantly being born."
- Delenn to Sheridan: "Babylon 5 - Distant Star"

jedikaiti

• Swiss Army Nerd
  • A pie in the hand is worth two in the mail.
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 09:07:53 PM »

The term "competetive Scrabble" takes on a whole new meaning in the EHell universe.

Don't ask. This thread will get locked WAY too fast.
"The problem with re-examining your brilliant ideas is that more often than not, you discover they are the intellectual equivalent of saying, 'Hold my beer and watch this!'" - Cindy Couture

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 11:04:50 PM »
I had to laugh when we got Scrabble for Christmas. I told DH about the euphemism on this site and he couldn't stop laughing. 
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Please pass the Calgon

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 02:39:59 AM »
I had to laugh when we got Scrabble for Christmas. I told DH about the euphemism on this site and he couldn't stop laughing.

LOL, I just gave my 9 year old son Scrabble for Christmas! I do have to say that he's loving it as an extra way to practice his spelling (which is often less than stellar).

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 05:20:01 AM »
I always have to stop-think when i see "scrabble tournments" advertised at retirement villages.

<mind! out of the gutter!>

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 08:44:47 AM »
I had told my DH about the use of Scrabble on this site.  After playing Words with Friends a lot while we were on a road trip a few weeks ago, he got a big kick telling people how much I enjoy playing Scrabble with strangers online.  Then he put a travel scrabble game in my stocking with a note that he hopes it encourages me to play more scrabble at homes once I seem to have such a renewed interest in it.  Our kids can't figure out why I giggle so much at these remarks.

Kendo_Bunny

• I'm inquisitive!
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »

Well, after a certain period of time with the young gentleman, I told him what it means on this board, and have been known to compliment him on his Triple Word Score Bingos :P