Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

Fun appetizer ideas

(1/4) > >>

MrsCrazyPete:
Well it's that time of year again...Christmas is over, so that means I start planning my yearly wine & cheese party. This will be the fourth time DH and I have thrown this and we really enjoy it. We always serve four different wines, two whites and two reds, with cheese to match. I need other appetizer ideas please!

I try to stay away from cheesy apps since we're already having cheese with the wine. This is what I've planned so far:
Shrimp cocktail
Deviled eggs
Bruschetta
Veggies & hummus
Chocolate covered marshmallows (I made these last year and they were a huge hit)

So what are your fun appetizers that you usually serve? I don't want anything very strongly-flavored so that everyone can taste the wines properly.

ladyknight1:
Chocolate covered pretzels (salty and sweet)
Pinwheel sandwiches (various cold cuts/vegetables with a sauce rolled up in a tortilla and sliced thinly)
Cantaloupe wrapped in prosciutto
Mixed Nuts
Apples and grapes to go with the cheese

kckgirl:
Bruschetta? Yum!!!!

QueenofAllThings:
Charcuterie platter.
Crostini with rosemary-scented white beans.
Mixed pitted olives.

RebeccainGA:
I love doing pigs in blankets, with croissant or puff pastry dough. They're easy, tasty, filling (soak up the alcohol in case someone indulges a little too much) and with a few little dips can add flavor to anything - or can be served plain and won't interfere with the taste of the wine.

They also are good hot, warm or room temperature, which is always nice for parties - no fretting about them being at the right temperature.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version