Author Topic: Happy New Year! Whats cooking?  (Read 975 times)

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
Re: Happy New Year! Whats cooking?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 05:10:40 AM »
Last night was stuffed chicken breast and chilli. Toady it's lamb shanks and roast veg. I got a few bargains at the farmer's market at the weeked  ;D .

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 08:14:32 AM »
Happy New Year.  Last night was dinner out.  Today is grilled pork tenderloin, black eyed peas, sweet and sour cabbage, home made yeast rolls and still deciding on what type of potatoe dish.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 10:36:24 AM »
On New Year's Eve we went out for lunch at a Peruvian place. Ah, Cubanito sandwiches and white sangria!

For dinner we made a fondue with ham, vegetables, apple, potato and crusty bread. 

In my German family, a pork roast with sauerkraut is traditional for New Year's Day.  Since it's only the two of us, we'll be having pork medallions with a raspberry herb sauce, red cabbage and a lentil pilaf. 

Happy 2013, everyone! 

MrsCrazyPete

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 01:53:40 PM »
Last night was party foods. Buffalo chicken dip, wings, meatballs, candy, tequila-glazed fruit salad...

Today is hangover cure food...as awful as it is, McDonald's cheeseburgers make me feel better!
Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

MOM21SON

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2013, 02:21:37 PM »
Last night was party foods. Buffalo chicken dip, wings, meatballs, candy, tequila-glazed fruit salad...

Today is hangover cure food...as awful as it is, McDonald's cheeseburgers make me feel better!

I hear ya!  I am trying a little hair of the dog.  Then buffalo chicken dip, rumaki, spinach dip and some taco dip.

mw8242

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2013, 02:26:26 PM »
Last night was party food.
Today I have Marmalade Curry Chicken in the crockpot - smells amazing!

Emmy

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2013, 08:14:44 PM »
Both yesterday (NYE) and today, DH and I spent a quiet evening at home.  Having a 17 month old and being tired from pregnancy has made going out seem less desirable.

Yesterday I made a huge pot of cheese fondue and bread for dipping.  Today we had the leftover fondue for lunch and for dinner, we had cheese stuffed mushroom caps and a salad.  I'll probably have a piece of Lindt dark chocolate with sea salt for dessert.  After traveling to visit DH's parents (junk food capital of the world) and eating a ton of cheese over the past few days, light meals are sounding good for a while.

Lynnv

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2013, 08:18:13 PM »
Yesterday we ate out.  Today I made up a batch of ham and beans in the crockpot.  The house smells of soup-y goodness. 
Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

MizA

• Every day is the best day ever.
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2013, 08:26:59 PM »
Last night was lucky foods- A whole chicken, noodles, clams, sweet rice cakes. Brunch today was black-eyed peas with kale, and cornbread and country gravy, with a couple of quiches thrown in for good measure. And frozen little satsumas. Tonight will be aged ribeye with sauteed mushrooms and broccoli. Tomorrow will probably be a bowl of lettuce and a couple of carrots, because this uberindulgence has been indulgent.
)'( The world would rather hug you than hurt you )'(

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 01:09:44 AM »
Tonight I shared my good luck meal of black eyed peas, kale and cheese grits (not lucky, but tasty!) with friends who brought some sparkling peach juice and brownies.