Author Topic: What are your New Year's resolutions? Version 2013  (Read 1551 times)

dietcokeofevil

Re: What are your New Year's resolutions? Version 2013
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2012, 01:25:59 AM »
My main goal is to develop better routines and stick to them.  If I get to bed at a decent hour, I can get up and get to work earlier and then leave earlier.  That way I can still have time to fix dinner, help with homework, spend time with the kids, get them to bed at a decent time, and still have some personal time before bed.

Layla Miller

• I know stuff.
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2012, 01:09:17 PM »
I generally don't do resolutions because I normally just make whatever change I want at the time that it occurs to me.  This year, though, the timing was just right, so I'm going to try to do the #26Acts of kindness.  I've already done a few, so I guess I've got a head start.  :)
I searched for nothing on the Internet and got 175,000,000 hits.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2012, 02:25:11 PM »
I like the 26 acts of kindness as a resolution for 2013.  It spreads a bit of happiness and, with a little thought, it isn't all that hard to do. 

I also intend to keep the left-over change under control with monthly wrapping and delivery to the bank. 

Our neighborhood is notorious for leaving boxes of books on the sidewalk for passers-by to take.  I resolve to read the 30 or so I've picked up and put blinders on when I shop.  Much as it hurts me to do it, at least some of our books will be going into a box on the sidewalk. 

PastryGoddess

• Super Hero!
    • My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2012, 03:43:35 PM »
I'm going to run a half marathon this year.  I've already started training and am looking forward to the weather getting nicer so I can run outdoors.

MERUNCC13

• A proud member of the Niner Nation!
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2012, 07:12:11 PM »
MrsCrazyPete - I hope that you feel better soon!

My resolutions are:
To quit stressing out about things I cannot control
To start watching what my hubby and I spend (I already have a spreadsheet created and am trying to link another spreadsheet so that when I update it goes all the way across the workbook - I am working in Excel 2010)
To learn how to reformat and reinstall my OS on my laptop after putting in a new hard drive (what happened is that cloned the previous HD but was an 80G HD - I put in a 250G HD!)

Life likes to be taken by the hand and told, I'm with you, let's go! Maya Angelou

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2012, 08:04:00 PM »
To eliminate all negative people from my life.  I've already made a start.

Deetee

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2012, 08:10:38 PM »
I like manageable changes. My resolution is more coffee visits with friends.

Curly Wurly Doggie Breath

• Aussie's Rule
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2012, 08:17:10 PM »
To be Healthy as possible for ME.

I Gained over 20 kilos this past year (Medical issues and Depression) IBM 37

7 weeks ago I started a Highish protein LCRM Diet. I've lost 7 kilos yahhh Me :-D. Dieting over Xmas sucks, big time :( but, I made it through, didn't loose any, but, more importantly didn't gain any either  ( Doc and dietitian approved and monitored)

I want and Plan to get a fit as possible with the RA (Childhood Arthritis) I've always had, but my current weight made way way worse.

2nd goal is to reconnect with old friends, With the depression, I've holed myself up
And ..................

The Southern Cross Flag. Australia

happygrrl

• Happy Girlie OI OI OI
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2012, 08:55:47 PM »
My new year's resolutions are as follows:-- Choose more entertaining vice

LOL!! Shall we think of some? I've persued quite a few, but you may have some better thoughts than me...

I will make myself healther and happier by losing weight. I have lost my mind since October, and packed on 15 pounds. NOT good. I will also take the time to make me happy by occassionally doing something nice for me--mani, pedi, book, a day trip to a museum...something that I want to do. And....not to feel guilty for doing it. (That's the big one!)

"I am the laziest person on Earth. I want to learn to photosynthesize so I can buy a sun lamp and survive without getting out of bed."  M-theory 11/23/10

Where's the Quiet?

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2012, 05:55:20 PM »
I'm really looking forward to 2013!

1. Lose another 37 pounds (lost 16 since the end of October...hoping to reach this goal by the first day of summer)
2. Run a 5k in under 30 minutes
3. Get a handle on meals. (Aim for balance rather than quick/easy)
4. Paint all the walls in our house (We've lived here for two years and only two rooms are done)
5. Pay off two loans. (Both of these have huge payments so paying these off will make the rest be paid that much quicker once we snowball)

I've got a plan for four of them. The meal thing is going to be difficult for me but I'll figure it out somehow. It might take all of 2013 though.

Snooks

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2013, 11:05:31 AM »
I'm going to try and learn how to have a healthier balance with money.  Currently I'm a bit of a squirrel and I don't like to spend any money at all.  We're going to start splitting money between savings and over paying the mortgage but I need to learn that it's ok to go out for dinner once a month, or treat ourselves to the theatre.

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2013, 01:07:52 PM »
To sort my life out:
- sort out finances,
- get the finished manuscripts off my PC and onto Amazon/Smashwords
- Get the house in order

I spent the last year reacting to events, so this year my main resolution is to be a bit more active.

kckgirl

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2013, 01:21:15 PM »
One resolution I kept was to read the bible more. I subscribed to an email newsletter that sent me a link for every day's reading. If you followed it, you would finish either the entire bible, or the entire old or new testament, plus Psalms and Proverbs. I chose new testament, Psalms, and Proverbs. Receiving the link every day reminded me to do it and spaced it out just right. I finished yesterday and will begin again today, possibly adding the old testament this time.

The second I kept was to continue debt paydown so I can be debt free when I retire.

I also want to live a healthier lifestyle, including eating right, exercising more, and losing weight.
Maryland

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2013, 02:42:54 AM »

My goal is to stop being oversensitive and find a way to volunteer at the animal rescues i love without turning into a crying mess.
It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem