Author Topic: What are your New Year's resolutions? Version 2013  (Read 1519 times)

MrsCrazyPete

What are your New Year's resolutions? Version 2013
« on: December 28, 2012, 02:03:22 PM »
I usually keep mine; in 2012 it was to complete the Warrior Dash. And I did it! Super fun, BTW.

This year, I want to cook more. I truly enjoy cooking and I want to do it more often. This past year, between bouts of illnesses and pure laziness, we got into the habit of frozen pizzas or sandwiches. So 2013 is the Year of the Kitchen!

Unfortunately I won't really be able to start at the beginning of 2013...I fractured my ribs last week by tripping over the cat and landing on the edge of the tub. Bending to get the heavy pans out of the oven just isn't possible right now.

What will your resolution be?
Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

MrTango

Re: What are your New Year's resolutions? Version 2013
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 02:09:47 PM »
I've decided that I will celelbrate Christmas 2013 in a home that I own, not in an apartment.
Luckily for me, LadyTango agrees.

To that end, LadyTango and I are going tomorrow to be shown a home and meet with a Realtor.  This will be a first for us, and we're really excited.

MrsCrazyPete

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 02:12:56 PM »
Oh, best of luck to you Mr. Tango! That was mine and my husband's resolution in 2011 and we did it! What a good resolution to have!
Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

AmethystAnne

• mom, grandmother, and an enthusaistic knitter & crocheter (formerly Laura___)
  • So much yarn, not nearly enough time! :D
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 02:13:04 PM »
I try not to make resolutions. But if I were to, these are what I would resolve:

- do major clutter control in my house. (It looks like the attic threw up)

- go to the Hallmark store in October or November to buy the grandchildren's ornaments (instead of December 24).

- rearrange the kitchen to make it fun and convenient to work in.

Girlie

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 03:51:49 PM »
I have mapped out every bill we owe and every pay check my DH and I have coming in (of course, you know what they say about "the best laid plans," but we're going with it anyway). Based on what I've figured, we can meet several financial goals this year:
1. Pay off my car early
2. Save for a house downpayment
3. Have a healthy emergency fund

Octavia

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 07:02:45 PM »
After a long period of analysis paralysis, I vow to pick paint colors for my home's stark white walls.

I also want to be an adult and get my will done.

Finally, I will do daily affirmations to shift my perspective to a more positive one. Hopefully other positive things will result.
"I never explain anything." ~Julie Andrews in Mary Poppins

QueenofAllThings

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 07:34:55 PM »
Spend less. Give more.

clio917

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 09:17:09 PM »
Clean out and organize the garage so it doesn't look like DH and I are in the early stages of hoarding... And lose weight, but that's been a resolution for a couple years now without a whole lot of result, so I think I'll stick to the garage...

diesel_darlin

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 09:20:08 PM »
I made a resolution to never make any more resolutions, and I've done a wonderful job of keeping it up!  ;D

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 09:42:42 PM »
Clean up my sewing room so that I can use it again - tendinitis in my wrists has meant not using them a lot, so no sewing and very little cleaning has been done for the last year or so (the doctor TOLD me to rest them for six months, honest!).  It's just taken close to 18 months for the "resting" and thyroid supplements to take effect.

VorGuy has always been one to push going back to "normal" as fast as possible - actually TOO fast - so I've been unable to really "rest" my wrists totally and it has taken longer to see improvement than the doctor had expected. It's an issue with the "John Wayne" generation.....
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 10:04:33 PM »
I'n gong to take better care of myself both physically and emotionally. 
I have already started by declining to have any of the chocolate layer cake and vanilla bean ice cream my husband had at the coffee house a few days ago.  I guess it could be called embracing my health (I was going to say my diabetes, but I think health is a better spin and more positive).  Practice saying "No." 
We go to an exercise class 3 times a week and often miss it (sometimes a good reason sometimes laughable).  I will be keeping some duplicate equipment (weights and bands) at home so that I can do some exercise at home.  I'm going to think of exercise as 'movement' or 'activity' since I really, really, really hate to exercise.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 10:06:02 PM »
Save money by planning meals and baking more, instead of convenience foods.

Keep the house from building up "stuff".

Follow a budget.

Attend to my health.

Attend to my friendships.

mrkitty

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 10:06:38 PM »
My new year's resolutions are as follows:

- Start new career in HR. If possible, seek SPHR certification. Possibly seek additional training/degree.
- Buy house
- Purchase second car
- Achieve ideal weight. Okay, okay. Just not gain too much additional weight.
- Figure out how to safely wipe hard drive and reinstall operating system
- Upgrade to Sims3
- Avoid nervous breakdown from setting too lofty goals
- Quit smoking
- Choose more entertaining vice

Learn from past. Live in the present. Hope for the future.

cabbagegirl28

• violinp's my sister :)
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 12:12:15 AM »
Get great grades. It's my last undergrad semester, and I want it to go well. Plus, I'm taking a class that has Apocalypse Now and Batman in the same semester, so being interested should be easy!

Hang out with my college friends more. I live 10 hours away from most of them, and I want to cherish face-to-face interaction as much as I can before I graduate.

Start getting healthier. I've already scheduled time at my college's gym. This way, it's in my calendar and I can't ignore it.

Learn how to cook more interesting food. This goes along with the previous resolution, because microwave meals are starting to look worse and worse.

Vita brevis, ars longa

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 12:37:03 AM »
Do menu planning and arrange to cook meals early in the morning when I have the energy so only reheating is needed.  Also make sauces and things like that for freezing.  This will also limit trips to the grocery store and temptation at the store deli (which isn't that great but is easy if you are hungry and don't feel like cooking).
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 12:39:05 AM by Bijou »
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.