Author Topic: Questions for Kindle Users in Canada  (Read 286 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Questions for Kindle Users in Canada
« on: January 08, 2013, 07:59:31 PM »
It used to be that we were only able to purchase books from Kindle under Amazon.com in the States.  So we were paying exchange rates.  This hasn't been a big deal for a while but that may change.

In the last few weeks, every time I go to the Kindle store, it tells me I can go to the Kindle store under Amazon.ca and do I want to switch my library over.

Has anybody done this yet?  Was the transition smooth and did you have everything move over that was supposed to?  Have you had a look at the Canadian Kindle store and is the selection as good?
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

snowdragon

Re: Questions for Kindle Users in Canada
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 09:36:56 PM »
I am in the US - trying to figure out how to get a kindle that is registered in Canada.  A lot of your books are better than the one available here.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 10:06:07 PM »
I am in the US - trying to figure out how to get a kindle that is registered in Canada.  A lot of your books are better than the one available here.

I don't know if you can, unless you have a billing address in Canada. I've seen others on the Kindle forums post about how can they purchase books from country a when they live in country b, and the general consensus is, due to copyright issues, you can't. Which stinks since there are a number of books I want to read, but are only available outside the US

AuntieA

• Anything but your basic traditional auntie
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 12:31:20 AM »
I did it last month and I have no problem with the selection at Amazon.ca.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 08:48:09 AM »
^ OK, cool.  Maybe I'll switch over.  I just wasn't sure how the switchover would go.

I had a bunch of books that had updated versions available to download.  When I did that, some of them went missing from my Kindle.  Then I did a search and they all popped up again.  So it was really weird and I was worried the same thing would happen switching from .com to .ca.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario