General Etiquette > Family and Children

When giving a child a gift

<< < (5/5)

onikenbai:

--- Quote from: camlan on December 29, 2012, 08:36:30 AM ---I've got nieces and nephews who were scared by The Sound Of Music, so their parents watch pretty much everything before the kids do.

--- End quote ---

I think I was about 14 before I found out the movie didn't end at the wedding.  I always got sent to bed after the wedding and my parents told me that was the end.  I was right annoyed when I found out there was at least another hour to it!

mbbored:

--- Quote from: onikenbai on December 30, 2012, 06:44:00 PM ---
--- Quote from: camlan on December 29, 2012, 08:36:30 AM ---I've got nieces and nephews who were scared by The Sound Of Music, so their parents watch pretty much everything before the kids do.

--- End quote ---

I think I was about 14 before I found out the movie didn't end at the wedding.  I always got sent to bed after the wedding and my parents told me that was the end.  I was right annoyed when I found out there was at least another hour to it!

--- End quote ---

I was 16 before I learned about the Flying Monkeys in The Wizard of Oz.

gorplady:
If I have a question about whether or not a toy/book/game/movie is appropriate, I contact the parents and ask them. If I can't get in touch with them before I need to purchase the item, I don't buy it and buy something I know is appropriate.

Generally, I trust parents to parent their children so if I do indeed buy something that they don't approve of, I am pretty sure the parents can take care of disposing it, hiding it, putting it away.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version