Author Topic: 1st cruise, advice needed, please.  (Read 5708 times)

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
Re: 1st cruise, advice needed, please.
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2012, 11:05:27 AM »
We haven't been to Cozumel in years but  we liked it so much on the cruise ship that we booked a full vacation there.

We're sure the ship will offer interesting tours.  Don't miss Chichen Itza if it's offered.  However, San Miguel is a lovely town and the nearby National Park ia also well worth a visit. 

Have fun. We know you will.

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2012, 07:21:13 PM »
It's through Carnival.  We are going in January, going to Progreso Yucatan (? sp) and Cozumel.  I am so excited!!!

Do an excursion in Progresso. The town itself isn't very nice (or tourist-friendly, at least) yet, so you won't enjoy yourself if you just try to walk the beach or town. I went a few years ago and did a kayaking excursion. It was a very low-key kayaking, not whitewater, but a really beautiful experience. I highly highly recommend it!

TheaterDiva1

« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2012, 09:37:11 AM »
We stopped in Cozumel during our last cruise... I highly recommend the dolphin swim if that's offered - there's nothing like a dolphin coming up to you and interacting with you like a person! (We were on Norwegian)

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2012, 10:16:24 AM »
We did Carnival's speed boat to Isla Pasion, and had an amazing time. That is the place on Cozumel where they did the Corona commercials.
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

nalapuppy

• always drink upstream from the herd
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2013, 03:49:44 PM »
In December, I'm taking my mom on a mother/daughter only cruise for 7 days through the Caribbean. We stop 1 day in Roatan, Honduras, and 1 day in Cozumel. It might be 2 in Cozumel but I'm not sure. This is my first REAL vacation in almost 8 years so I'm very excited but what to make sure I do things right.

Other than knowing we have 2 formal dinners (so I need to formal-ish dresses), I have no clue for what passes as proper etiquette or what to do.

(I paid the extra fee for gratuity so we don't have to worry about tipping, at least I think so. I know we have to pay for our own alcohol but neither of us drinks much. Although I probably will have a couple b/c it's a vacation).

What do you do on cruises? What are you experiences? This is so completely new to me that I have no idea what to expect.

Any input/advice or what to do/what not to do would be greatly appreciated. If it helps I'm going on a Royal Caribbean cruise.

Thank you!

Hey, OP, sorry for reviving an old thread (again), but how was your cruise?  I'm going on my first next week and am super excited.

NyaChan

« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2013, 12:15:02 AM »
I'm so glad you revived this - I just booked a cruise for March and I am so excited!  The last and only time I had been on a cruise was with my family and it was so short and unfamiliar that I don't think we really enjoyed it as we could have.  This time, I am going all out for it!

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2013, 09:02:53 AM »
What line are you using and what's the itinerary, please.

I ask because we'll be cruising in March too.