News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• August 28, 2015, 12:37:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I remember Cindy  (Read 4376 times)

Kaora

• I'm just a singer in a rock and roll band
Re: I remember Cindy
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 04:19:54 PM »
I never truly met her-- though I did lurk on the older forum, before the SMF one.  She sounded like an amazing lady, and the scarf project was outstanding.  Many good thoughts towards her.

BarensMom

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2013, 07:30:12 AM »
I remember reading Cindy's posts on the Delphooey forum, although I was also just lurking at the time.  She seemed kind, strong, wise and decent, judging from her posts, and it was sad to hear that she lost her battle with cancer.  I hope her family is doing okay.

AuntieA

• Now a great-Auntie x2!
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2013, 11:43:01 PM »
I never met her IRL, but I sent her one of my winter coats & some leather mittens when she was staying with relatives up north after the hurricane. I also made some scarves & sent them down for the project.

Cindy was one of the most selfless, unassuming, and upbeat people I have ever "met". She inspires me to this day.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Curly Wurly Doggie Breath

• Aussie's Rule
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2015, 03:23:02 AM »
Yes, I know, its a zombie thread. But It was my thread and im resurecting it.

I Remember Cindy

Her memory will live on.

Peace

The Southern Cross Flag. Australia

zainabzks

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2015, 10:53:01 AM »
I remember her too! Scritzy made a scarf on my behalf for her. Where is Scritzy? I miss her.

I remember others who suddenly passed on. I can't remember the name of the poster who had a tragic accident and died suddenly. I think she fell off a ladder.? But I remember her.

Benni

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2015, 11:09:45 AM »
I remember.  Since I knit and crochet, I sent a whole box of scarves.  It was very sad at the time, but we (the forum) tried to do what we could.