Author Topic: Unwanted guest invited to gathering  (Read 21052 times)

zyrs

• spiffily male.
Re: Unwanted guest invited to gathering
« Reply #120 on: January 17, 2013, 07:07:55 PM »
I think there needs to be a Shiny Spine Theme Song 8)  that all E-hellions can hum to themselves when they get the upper hand over the rude and uncouth

I hum one of these a lot when good things happen. Final Fantasy Victory theme

Redsoil

« Reply #121 on: January 18, 2013, 08:17:56 AM »
Okay - first draft of the EHell Shiny Spine song (to the tune of "We are the Champions" chorus)

We are the Hellions, my friend...
With spines strong and shiny, 'til the end
We are the Hellions, no rudeness or yelling,
No time for users
'Cause we are the Hellions... staying strong!
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

EnoughAlready22

« Reply #122 on: January 18, 2013, 08:47:03 AM »
Okay - first draft of the EHell Shiny Spine song (to the tune of "We are the Champions" chorus)

No time for users

Great job!  And yes I sat at my desk singing along in my head. :)

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #123 on: January 18, 2013, 09:59:58 AM »
Heck, I had my hands up, swaying back and forth in time to the music in my head.

... um, why is everyone in the office staring at me?
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2013, 11:26:36 AM »
I love it when a plan comes together :D

Redsoil

« Reply #125 on: January 19, 2013, 01:34:47 AM »
*snerk*  ;)
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

fnygrl

« Reply #126 on: January 19, 2013, 07:38:11 PM »

No time for users

It is PERFECT and just what my head needed!  :)

PastryGoddess

« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2013, 07:59:26 PM »
Is head banging allowed in private :D

fnygrl

« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2013, 08:04:52 PM »
Is head banging allowed in private :D

I hope so, because I'm doing it!  :)  (Actually, I'm trying NOT to care what other people think - so perhaps my answer should be "WHO CARES?!")  ;)

fnygrl

« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2013, 05:20:15 PM »
Hello, e-hellions!

A bit of an update:

Our neighbor, the one with whom I went out to lunch with and the bully seemed to have a problem with the whole notion of our being friends, had a party for, "the big game" this past Sunday.  The bully and her family were not invited.  The neigbor who had the party made a point of telling me that she was NOT included and wouldn't be there.  She said at one point in the evening that she and other people at the party made bets on how quickly it would be before the bully and her family were at the door.  Thankfully they never showed.

The neighbor's daughter, who is fifteen, was telling me that the bully tries to bully her and pick fights with her!  How awful for a grown woman to do that to a child!

Now, the bully has called my cell phone twice today and called the neighbor who had the party, too.  Both of us are ignoring her calls and she is not leaving messages.  And you know what?  I'm not all bothered and shaken up by it, as I would have been in the past. 

Because of your help, e-hellion friends, I'm getting better!  THANK YOU!  (I hope it lasts if I see her in person!)

fnygrl

« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2013, 09:23:57 PM »
So the bully just sent me a facebook message saying:

"Hey not sure if you're up to it but I was wondering if you had a few minutes to chat. I've been bothered about something and I can't get it off my mind. I tried calling you earlier but I figured you were just busy with the kids. If you can please give me a ring. Thanks"

I'm going to ignore it - at least for now.  If I do respond, I'll probably say I've been busy.  But why does she feel she needs to talk to me about something that's bothering her (I'm assuming about me)?  And I'm to ease her mind?  I don't think so.

If you have any additional advice or another way to handle this, I'm all ears.

Thank you :)

PastryGoddess

« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2013, 09:26:29 PM »
So the bully just sent me a facebook message saying:

"Hey not sure if you're up to it but I was wondering if you had a few minutes to chat. I've been bothered about something and I can't get it off my mind. I tried calling you earlier but I figured you were just busy with the kids. If you can please give me a ring. Thanks"

I'm going to ignore it - at least for now.  If I do respond, I'll probably say I've been busy.  But why does she feel she needs to talk to me about something that's bothering her (I'm assuming about me)?  And I'm to ease her mind?  I don't think so.

If you have any additional advice or another way to handle this, I'm all ears.

Thank you :)

Nope just ignore, ignore, ignore.  You are doing great

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2013, 09:30:27 PM »
I'd ignore for now.  Maybe forever.  But if you do reply, at least give it a day or so, and then something vague "yeah been busy, hope all is resolved!" and that's that.  I wouldn't speak to her on the phone though.  I think ignoring is the best thing, but because she is your neighbor I understand if you don't want to total cut direct.

(I'm betting whats bugging her is she knows your other neighbor had a party and that you and several others went and she is hurt she wasn't invited.)

fnygrl

« Reply #133 on: February 05, 2013, 09:31:29 PM »
Nope just ignore, ignore, ignore.  You are doing great

Thank you, PastryGoddess  :)  Affirmations are always helpful and a good reminder!

fnygrl

« Reply #134 on: February 05, 2013, 09:34:18 PM »
I'd ignore for now.  Maybe forever.  But if you do reply, at least give it a day or so, and then something vague "yeah been busy, hope all is resolved!" and that's that.  I wouldn't speak to her on the phone though.  I think ignoring is the best thing, but because she is your neighbor I understand if you don't want to total cut direct.

(I'm betting whats bugging her is she knows your other neighbor had a party and that you and several others went and she is hurt she wasn't invited.)

I love the, "Hope all is resolved"!  That's perfect!

True about not wanting to cut direct because we're neighbors.  I'm fine with a wave hello or a general facebook post - which she sent me last week and I acknowledged.  But I'm done reaching out to her or giving her the opportunity to attact me. 

Thank you!!