Poll

What one task/chore would you hire someone to do?

Run miscellaneous errands
4 (2.5%)
Grocery shop
5 (3.1%)
Clean your house
130 (80.2%)
Driver (take you wherever/whenever)
15 (9.3%)
Laundry (wash, dry, fold)
8 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 162

Voting closed: January 17, 2013, 11:43:07 AM

Author Topic: Would you hire someone to................  (Read 2883 times)

Emmy

Re: Would you hire someone to................
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2013, 07:48:50 AM »
I put cleaning the house because we already have somebody do that every other week.

I have a very active small child and another on the way.  Pregnancy is exhausting.  A nanny once in a while would be nice.  I love spending time with my baby, but after I get her to bed and a few things cleaned up, I am ready for bed too and don't get to spend as much quality time with DH as I like.

A personal chef would be nice, I'd also send him/her out grocery shopping too.  Lastly, I wouldn't mind a personal trainer coming to my home.  The nanny can watch the baby while I work out.  How nice it would be to be rich.

Ceallach

• This Is It
« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2013, 12:28:40 PM »
I voted clean house because that's currently a service I pay for regularly. However, like others I have paid for all of the other things on the list at various times too, so I guess it doesn't accurately reflect what I would or wouldn't pay for, if that makes sense.

I also get my groceries delivered ("big" shops with free delivery typically, I still drop by the store regularly for fresh produce etc).   
"Nobody can do everything, but everybody can do something"

AdakAK

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2013, 01:24:25 PM »
Housecleaning, hands down.  I hate mopping and this house has too many bathrooms.  I'd even be happy if those two things were all they did. 

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2013, 02:21:28 PM »
Housecleaning, hands down.  I hate mopping and this house has too many bathrooms.  I'd even be happy if those two things were all they did.

See if you have a neighbor who has a housekeeper.  I used to have a weekly housekeeper who came from 8 to 2.  A neighbor didn't want someone to do a lot, just clean the bathrooms, vacuum and sweep and mop the floors.  My housekeeper could get it all done in a couple of hours, so my neighbor paid her about $30 a week to do that.  My housekeeper liked the extra income especially since she didn't have to drive anywhere else and there wasn't time for her to do another full house cleaning that day.

mrs_deb

• I didn't expect THAT to happen!
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2013, 02:29:32 PM »
All of it, and more.  I love reading "old" books where people have huge houses with staff that does absolutely everything - cooks, cleaners, gardeners, laundresses, drivers, even personal maids to help them get dressed and do their hair - and all the heroine has to do is show up and enjoy her life.  I was born too late!

Girly

« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2013, 04:12:35 PM »
I also have someone that comes and does my house every other week. She even washes my walls!! I wouldn't trade her for anything. When she lost her 'day' job (she worked second shift at a factory), I got her enough other clients so she made up the difference so she wouldn't get another job and have to quit me!!

I also drop off most of our clothes (the work clothes, anyway) at the dry cleaner, and my husband does the rest of the clothes, so I also luck out there, too.

I'd LOVE a personal chef, though, that would be awesome.

AdakAK

« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2013, 04:15:23 PM »
See if you have a neighbor who has a housekeeper.  I used to have a weekly housekeeper who came from 8 to 2.  A neighbor didn't want someone to do a lot, just clean the bathrooms, vacuum and sweep and mop the floors.  My housekeeper could get it all done in a couple of hours, so my neighbor paid her about $30 a week to do that.  My housekeeper liked the extra income especially since she didn't have to drive anywhere else and there wasn't time for her to do another full house cleaning that day.

That's a good idea, thanks!  I'll have to ask around. 

JonGirl

• I'm a JonGirl forever.
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBAa6CvY-TQ
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2013, 01:49:40 AM »

I'd pay someone to drive since me and my DH never learned how do it ourselves and obviously don't own a car.
Stewart/Colbert '16