Author Topic: Graveside service, what to wear?updated post 17  (Read 2457 times)

onyonryngs

Re: Graveside service, what to wear?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 08:58:32 AM »
If you're not sure of the weather, wear layers, but definitely wear funeral attire.  Jeans aren't the way to go.

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 10:30:36 AM »
I would wear dark pants (not jeans) and nice top, with a jacket, cardigan, or coat to suit the weather.

This with boots, flats, or wide heeled shoes that won't sink into the ground.

MOM21SON

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2013, 06:13:12 PM »
Today was the service.  Thanks for all your help.  Aside from the immediate family of the deceased I was, sadly, the best dressed.  I wore black pants, a emerald green tailored blouse and black short heeled clogs.

One person had jeans on and the rest were just, well sloppy.  I was so happy to be dressed decently especially when I got there and saw it was a military service.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2013, 07:23:57 PM »
Today was the service.  Thanks for all your help.  Aside from the immediate family of the deceased I was, sadly, the best dressed.  I wore black pants, a emerald green tailored blouse and black short heeled clogs.

One person had jeans on and the rest were just, well sloppy.  I was so happy to be dressed decently especially when I got there and saw it was a military service.

I'm glad to hear you felt appropriately dressed, especially for a military service.