Author Topic: I might be confused, but I am not sure if I need to step up.  (Read 4025 times)

MOM21SON

Re: I might be confused, but I am not sure if I need to step up.
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2012, 05:49:24 PM »
Done, it was sent.  Thanks everyone.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2012, 08:42:29 PM »
Awhile ago, six months or so, I gave my ex friend a pair of skates to sell.  He is in the business so there was no going out of his way.  Several people were interested but for whatever reason they did not buy them.

So this am I woke up to a facebook message that  said:

I hope you had a good Christmas.  I have a lady that wants to buy the skates. Her name is  Ethel and her phone number is 555-555-5555.  Happy New year.

So when I got to work I messaged him back and said, "That great, since you have the skates can you just sell them to her?"

Now that I have more time to think about it, should I go get the skates and call the lady myself?  I really don't understand his message, I have even told him more than once that I don't care what he does with them.

I really don't want to make him do something, but things are so far gone, I truly don't care about the skates or seeing him.

What is my responsibility?
Your responsibility is as follows, in my opinion:
It sounds like you have been keeping in touch with him about them, since you know a couple of people were interested in them but didn't buy them.  It sounds like he was helping you out by putting them for sale at his place, so if I were you, I would be appreciative and call the seller, sell the skates and split the proceeds with him.
Either that or let him know that you'd like him to sell them and keep the money for his time and trouble.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

ettiquit

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2012, 01:23:43 PM »
Glad you sent what you did - you have zero responsibility here.  Can you block him on FB without causing issues with your son's new sport?

MOM21SON

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2012, 04:33:49 PM »
Glad you sent what you did - you have zero responsibility here.  Can you block him on FB without causing issues with your son's new sport?

YES!  I didn't even think of that!  Thanks!