Etiquette School is in session! > "I'm afraid that won't be possible."

No Snowflake Soup for you!

<< < (8/8)

strangetimes:

--- Quote from: JacklynHyde on February 21, 2013, 05:21:49 PM ---For the record, if I had vegetable stock or soup in the house, I might have made the second batch (I can make it vegetarian but not vegan without wrecking it).  I had fresh chicken stock and that was it.  Giving in to the repeated requests would have meant a trip to the store and money for additional ingredients.  Not possible.

Now that I'm seeing this thread again, I think it's time to make some more matzo balls!

--- End quote ---

If I made it sound like I thought you should have made soup for her, I'm sorry- that's not what I meant at all. You were bringing a specific soup and were under no obligation to make a special dish for your friend.

I just wanted to encourage people to get creative with their matzoh balls, because matzoh balls! I can't imagine any soup wouldn't be better with matzoh balls.

gmatoy:
I just saw this thread and it made me homesick for NY. Which isn't actually my home (it is DH's) but I did live there for 5 years. Sob, I miss so many foods! Egg bagels, deli pickles, oh so many more yums!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version