Author Topic: Would this Bother you?  (Read 2222 times)

RingTailedLemur

• Rudeness is a small person's imitation of power.
Re: Would this Bother you?
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2012, 10:13:15 AM »
"You're too sensitive."

"On the contrary - you are not sensitive enough."

Thuringwethyl

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2012, 03:25:36 PM »
Joining the chorus:
  • The OP's friend is reasonable
  • She is not being "too sensitive"
  • Her family has been taking advantage of her for far too long
>:( With family like this who needs enemies...

Danika

• I'm not speeding. I'm qualifying.
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2012, 05:57:51 PM »
As near as I can suss out  - the backstory is that Patty has always been the target child and Horace the Golden Child - she is just starting to try and break that role and is not always sure if her reactions are legitimate and reasonable. I told her I thought she was completely reasonable - but she wanted to hear it from someone "who doesn't love her and won't sugar coat it"  So I told her I would post here.

This is exactly how I grew up, and what led to a huge bust-up this year which utterly ruined my milestone birthday and led to me cutting off my parents.  I completely understand how Patty feels.

HUGS, RingTailedLemur.

I think the bet present you could have gotten for your milestone birthday was to cut off family like this. I cut mine off over a year ago and it's been blissful and wonderful and peaceful. Sad that it has to be that way, though.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2012, 10:01:20 PM »
If I read this right (and I admit I am confused by the whole thing) Horace, Irene and Penny should be cleaning Patty's cat box, shoveling her sidewalk. washing her walls, taking out her garbage, etc, etc, etc, since patty is the one who has nothing to do with anything in this arrangement but is somehow supposed to 'pay' for Horace and Irene borrowing cars. 
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.