Etiquette School is in session! > The Ehell Guide to Never Behaving Badly

Photo taking and sharing guidelines

<< < (2/4) > >>

snowdragon:
If you can't handle a  "no" with out thinking ill of the person - don't ask.

Judah:

--- Quote from: Rhindle on December 31, 2012, 09:30:27 PM ---Be alert to signs that someone is trying to dodge your camera lens. If they move away repeatedly, they don't  want their picture taken.

--- End quote ---

I think if someone doesn't want their picture taken, they need to say so.  People can't be expected to be mind readers.

violinp:

--- Quote from: Judah on January 01, 2013, 01:53:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: Rhindle on December 31, 2012, 09:30:27 PM ---Be alert to signs that someone is trying to dodge your camera lens. If they move away repeatedly, they don't  want their picture taken.

--- End quote ---

I think if someone doesn't want their picture taken, they need to say so.  People can't be expected to be mind readers.

--- End quote ---

That's true; however, if someone indicates by action that they don't want their picture taken (i.e. running away, covering their face), that's hardly mind - reading. I have people in my life who don't want pictures taken of them, and they've never had to tell me - I could tell by the way they dashed off the moment they heard the camera turn on.

Rhindle:
I agree with Judah that people should say so, but sometimes it's faster to dodge away first. Plus some people might feel shy about asserting themselves, given how entitled some individuals are about "capturing the memories."

NyaChan:
I just used to say out loud when I didn't want to take a picture, but then the photographer would often try to include me anyways or make loud comments about how yes I WAS going to be in this picture.  I found it easier afterwards to physically remove myself as well as say no.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version