News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• April 26, 2015, 01:25:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thrift Score!  (Read 125178 times)

jmarvellous

Re: Thrift Score!
« Reply #900 on: March 21, 2015, 09:00:52 PM »
All new with tags, $21 total with tax:
Etienne Aigner red pebbled leather satchel (could not find exact bag online, but similar sell for about $300)

Talbots bright purple blazer, unlined, but nicely finished,  perfect summer weight, $130 tag price

Jones New York tie for my husband, black with sky blue and navy diagonal stripes, $20 tag price

Bethalize

• Toxic People Survival Checklist
« Reply #901 on: March 22, 2015, 05:18:52 PM »
A nursing rocking chair. My friend saw mine and loved it, but I had a hunch she wouldn't feel right about spending on herself even though they don't cost much second hand. I got this one for 20 on eBay, and collection was the other side of our city. When I got it home I realised the cushion covers didn't come off because they were real suede, which is a problem for a dealer. It took me some work but it mostly brushed up really well. The frame is in better nick than mine, but it's not as wide as mine in the seat so not so good for me. It suits her though as she's a different shape. My friend was so touched and happy.

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #902 on: March 23, 2015, 04:40:30 AM »
There's a FB group in my local area which lists sales/deals at local Op Shops (Thrift Stores), and one of them said that a particular store was doing $5 bags of summer clothing.
Went to the store and they had a dozen racks of kids' clothes, sorted by size (not by gender, which was a nice change) and I was able to get 33 items in 2 bags (some for Baby Drifter, some for Tiny Drifter) for $5. This included 2 pairs of jeans for Baby (she has none, yet, for winter), two sweaters each, a half a dozen short sleeved onesies and then I also found a box of shoes marked at 50c a pair and pulled out 2 as-new pairs of Puma trainers in Baby Drifters' current size.
That's most of their winter wardrobes sorted for less than $12.
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

MissRose

« Reply #903 on: March 23, 2015, 07:14:36 AM »
At a Goodwill type store, I found an older Coach leather purse marked for sale at $25 then I when I got rang up at the counter, I got it for half off as it was a particular color tag day.  Not really a thrift store but I was able to get a pair of Reebook tennis shoes for $27 (box was tagged at $44) but I didn't know at the time certain clearance styles were marked down more.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #904 on: March 23, 2015, 08:39:34 AM »
While at the NA festival yesterday, I saw cute bags in one tent, and then saw they were $8.
On the second pass, I saw a cute one with owls all over it and had to have it. It is very small, but would be perfect when on a cruise ship!

Venus193

• Super Hero!
  • Backstage passes are wonderful things!
« Reply #905 on: April 01, 2015, 05:05:30 PM »
Since joining a board and card game Meetup I was getting major sticker shock on the price of games.

Until I found a brand-new one for $3 in the Salvation Army:

Since then I've gotten this one -- brand new --  for $1:

Today's finds (combined total $9):

still in the shrink-wrap

kymom3

« Reply #906 on: April 02, 2015, 09:48:23 AM »
Found at Goodwill this week:  a nice black, pea coat style, Talbott's brand winter coat.  I was also thinking that I wanted a small shelf in my bathroom and almost went to hardware store over the weekend to get one, found 2 at Goodwill.  Also, at the same store, found a mid century modern fireking baking dish, and a small turquoise color creamer. 

I love how sometimes I can go into Goodwill and not find anything and then the next trip I'll want everything there.   :)