General Etiquette > Family and Children

My mom: Am I being unreasonable? UPDATE PAGE 2 AND 3

<< < (9/9)

Sophia:

--- Quote from: weeblewobble on January 07, 2013, 06:23:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: NotCinderell on January 07, 2013, 05:33:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: Sophia on January 07, 2013, 04:27:13 PM ---OP, I just noticed your username.  Ironic.

--- End quote ---

Ironic how?  I called myself NotCinderell on the original etiquette-hell board because I had just gotten married, and I was explaining that getting married didn't make me Cinderella.  But Delphooey had a character limit, so it couldn't be NotCinderella and had to be shortened.

--- End quote ---

I think Sophia means that you, like Cinderella, work hard, have a good heart and are unappreciated, (if not downright abused) for your efforts.  It was a commiseration, not a jab. :)
--- End quote ---

Yes, that was what I meant. 

NotCinderell:

--- Quote from: weeblewobble on January 07, 2013, 06:23:40 PM ---
--- Quote from: NotCinderell on January 07, 2013, 05:33:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: Sophia on January 07, 2013, 04:27:13 PM ---OP, I just noticed your username.  Ironic.

--- End quote ---

Ironic how?  I called myself NotCinderell on the original etiquette-hell board because I had just gotten married, and I was explaining that getting married didn't make me Cinderella.  But Delphooey had a character limit, so it couldn't be NotCinderella and had to be shortened.

--- End quote ---

I think Sophia means that you, like Cinderella, work hard, have a good heart and are unappreciated, (if not downright abused) for your efforts.  It was a commiseration, not a jab. :)

--- End quote ---

I didn't assume it was a jab.  I guess I wondered if that's what she meant but didn't want to be presumptuous to assume that she was comparing me to Cinderella.

wyliefool:
So when she moves to the DR fulltime are you all going to be expected to travel there to see her or will she now have lots of time to visit? Just wondering. Because altho flights might not be too expensive, since it's a big tourist destination, the whole passport thing is a pain and the destination itself isn't cheap.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version