Author Topic: Thank you note question  (Read 223 times)

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
Thank you note question
« on: December 31, 2012, 11:39:28 AM »
I am getting my Christmas gift thank you's written.  I need to do my Grandma's and then I'm done except for the kids.  Anyway - my gramma gave me a sweater, a sleeveless tank, and some perfume.  The sweater was too small, nbut when I went to exchange it they didn't have anymore, so I have a gift card and will get something closer to summer.  The tank I exchanged for color because the color she sent looked really bad on me.  the perfum I exchanged as I am really sensitive to perfumes (they can give me migraines), and when I smelled the one she sent me at a store I knew it was a no-go, so I got my current favorite scent.

I basically returned or exchanged everything she sent.  Generally when I write a thank you note I discuss each item and how I loved it/used it, etc.  Not sure what I should do in this instance?

Suggestions?

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~

RebeccainGA

• formerly RebeccainAR
Re: Thank you note question
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 12:20:48 PM »
I'd say something like "I really appreciated the thought you put into my gifts - I can tell that you really wanted to make sure they were perfect. Thanks so much!" I wouldn't mention that they were all exchanged - unless she specifically asks.