Author Topic: Move the baby shower?  (Read 2889 times)

peaches

Re: Move the baby shower?
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 03:16:51 AM »
She also said it was okay if we couldn't.

She said it was okay if you couldn't move the date, so it's okay.  Don't stress it and continue as planned.

POD

I think everything will work out fine.

DoubleTrouble

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2013, 10:09:14 AM »
You're fine with sticking with the date you originally decided on. The only way I'd have an earlier shower is if was a difficult pregnancy or she was pregnant with multiples which tend to come early. In that case an earlier shower might be the better choice but it doesn't sound like your friend is having any problems.

My shower was scheduled a month before my due date but my boys decided to arrive 6 weeks early. So they attended the shower with me but I almost bailed on the whole thing because of PPD.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2013, 02:46:24 PM »
I think it's kind of awful that so many of the pregnant woman's friends are telling her she's going to be so uncomfortable at 8 months pregnant that she won't be able to sit through a 2 hour baby shower.  I mean, really!  Way to scare the poor woman.

Lots of women, myself included, felt great right up to the end.  I certainly wasn't uncomfortable at any point during my pregnancy.  I think it's silly to put that out there like it's going to happen.  It's just as likely to NOT happen.

Hold the shower when you originally planned.  The MTB is quite likely to be absolutely feeling great.

LadyR

• Musings of A Pinterest Mom
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2013, 10:04:40 PM »
Mine was 8 weeks before my DD, partially because the next two weekends were booked (long weekened and wedding) and I wasn't comfortable having it less than 6 weeks before because I was advised I was high risk of premature labour or bed rest (though I only ended up with light rest, not total bed rest and went full term).