Author Topic: Inappropriate Office Space Renter  (Read 5319 times)

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
Re: Inappropriate Office Space Renter
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2013, 06:42:33 PM »
Judah and Hmmmmm, many people believe that pajamas in public are OK (I am not one of them), so what makes this woman any different than someone wearing pajamas in public?

I do not believe pajamas are appropriate wear in a professional setting either.  If she had walked out of the office in a t-shirt and bottoms that were obviously PJ's I would think the museum had people sleeping in that room and wonder why.

OK, so what if she was one of the patrons?  I'm not trying to be annoying and nit picky, I'm truly curious.  I don't like seeing pajamas in public, either, so I'm curious how others think.
I would hope a patron in a robe wouldn't be admitted.  A patron in PJs I'd think didn't have time to dress appropriately before leaving the house.  I know a lot of people see PJ bottoms as comfortable alternative pants.  But I don't and wearing them does factor into my impression of someone.  Mainly because I don't believe they look attractive on anyone and it gives me the impression that they aren't putting much effort into their appearance.

Slartibartfast

• Super Hero!
    • Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2013, 07:22:59 PM »
Judah and Hmmmmm, many people believe that pajamas in public are OK (I am not one of them), so what makes this woman any different than someone wearing pajamas in public?

I do not believe pajamas are appropriate wear in a professional setting either.  If she had walked out of the office in a t-shirt and bottoms that were obviously PJ's I would think the museum had people sleeping in that room and wonder why.

OK, so what if she was one of the patrons?  I'm not trying to be annoying and nit picky, I'm truly curious.  I don't like seeing pajamas in public, either, so I'm curious how others think.

I think there are different definitions of "public."  I don't have a problem with people who go to college classes or pump gas or grab a few groceries in their pajamas - in my experience, the only difference between pajama pants and yoga pants is the pattern.  I do think a museum is not one of these places where it would be reasonable to do so.

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 07:48:27 PM »
I went grocery shopping earlier today.

Two teenagers were their with their mother (an assumption based on the older woman looking a lot like the two girls and being the one paying for the groceries) - both were wearing pajama pants (fleece with snowflakes on one and Sponge Bob Square Pants on the other) with sweatshirts that had matching designs on the front, under hoodies.  I am going to go out on a limb and make the interesting assumption that they were wearing pajamas/lounging clothes that would have been fine around the fireplace at home or in the dorm (if they were college freshman instead of high school seniors) - but I wasn't wild about seeing those clothes with people in them at a shopping center in the grocery store, then heading across the parking lot to a vehicle.

It was COLD outside!  Pajamas aren't warm enough for outdoor wear when it is the temp that you're supposed to keep your fridge!
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 08:41:17 PM »
I'm not trying to start a debate on pajamas in public, really.  I see that's where I lead this with one of my question; I went that direction without consciously doing so..  I apologize.

What I want to know is if knowing what the woman was actually up to was coloring the answers.  I was using a different (more concealing) outfit to which people object to try to discern a difference (if one so existed).
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.