Author Topic: So today I acquired a new kitten! UPDATE IN OP  (Read 1308 times)

mrkitty

Re: So today I acquired a new kitten!
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 07:20:32 PM »
!!!!!!!!!!He is adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How cute! What a sweetie...oh, he is so darling! You're making me want to go out and get more kittens  ;D
Learn from past. Live in the present. Hope for the future.

Shoo

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 07:24:40 PM »

Aw.....  he looks like my Mr. Sissy Cat!

I understand about the foul smell.  My two ferals were STINKY inside and out when I first got them.  It took probably 2 weeks of good, nutritious kitten food and clean water (and baths) before they smelled neutral.  Their litter box was unbelievable.  I think it must have had something to do with what they were eating.  Bugs, dead animals/birds, whatever their mama could find for them.  Her milk was probably affected the same way too.

Luckily, it does get better!  My two kitties are the sweetest smelling kitties these days.  Hang in there!

Hillia

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 07:25:33 PM »
I notice that he already has toys and a nice comfy bed.  He's a lucky little dude (and  cutie, too!)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

MorgnsGrl

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2013, 07:34:03 PM »
Oh, he's SO CUTE!!!!

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2013, 07:35:39 PM »
He is totally adorable. I want to play with him!

Jocelyn

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 11:14:34 PM »
My Coraco was a barn cat's daughter, and she was so stinky when I brought her home, my mother wondered out loud if it were possible for cats and skunks to mate. :)

MOM21SON

Re: So today I acquired a new kitten! UPDATE IN OP
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2013, 02:53:53 PM »
I updated in the OP, but forgot to add that he is much more awake today.  We had to wait one hour in a packed room full of barking dogs and about 20 minutes into the wait he curled up and had a nice nap.

AuntieA

• Anything but your basic traditional auntie
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2013, 05:16:30 PM »
want kitty want kitty WANT KITTY!!!!!

Oh, darned allergies.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Jocelyn

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2013, 06:08:55 PM »
I updated in the OP, but forgot to add that he is much more awake today.  We had to wait one hour in a packed room full of barking dogs and about 20 minutes into the wait he curled up and had a nice nap.
If he were outdoors when you got him, he may be severely sleep-lagged. I've noticed that rescued cats tend to sleep a lot once they realize they're safe and they don't have to be looking constantly for their next meal. It's like they never got a chance to really sleep soundly because of anxiety about what would happen next, and it would be even more terrifying to be a kitten on your own. I trapped a litter of ferals a few years back over the course of 3 days (4 days, if you count the TNR of their mama!) and they were hypervigilant at first until they realized that the worst was over. :)

Yarnspinner

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2013, 06:09:12 PM »
Need kitty, must save cash...too cute, this little guy.

mmswm

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2013, 06:25:50 PM »
Too adorable!  He's one lucky little guy to have found you.  On the sleeping thing, tiny kittens are prone to the "spontaneous nap".  I swear some of my old fosters (orphaned newborns) would fall asleep mid-leap when they got old enough to play a bit.