Author Topic: P/A Christmas Card  (Read 4401 times)

bloo

Re: P/A Christmas Card
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2013, 11:46:00 AM »
Thanks for the update, MamaMootz!

Good plan. I'm glad you did something cathartic for yourself and it sounds like you see things quite clearly.

I was going to post earlier a suggestion of tossing next year's card without even opening it, but held back because what if there was a check or gift card in it? Maybe that wouldn't happen in your family dynamic though.

Best wishes....

Otterpop

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2013, 12:57:55 PM »
Good job OP.  Burning is cathartic.  (Maybe have hubby open next year to check for money, then straight from his hand into the fire!)  If GF asks about this years card, you blissfully reply "What card?"  With such a puny, vile person, you actually hold all the power.

Amara

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 02:48:57 PM »
If GF asks about this years card, you blissfully reply "What card?"

Yeah, that darn post office. They keep losing things. Probably best not to send any more."  >:D

poundcake

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 03:59:24 PM »
If GF asks about this years card, you blissfully reply "What card?"

Yeah, that darn post office. They keep losing things. Probably best not to send any more."  >:D

THIS!
I think from now on any envelopes that come to us from her are just going to get automatically tossed.

I wouldn't, just to be safe. If you don't want to know the contents, either send them back, or have a trusted friend open them, just to make sure you aren't throwing out something important. I did this once from an ex roommate who turned psychotic and it turned out to be a copy of a bill. My not knowing she had sent me this bill only made the problem worse.

Good on you for burning the card, though. You may be fat -- as am I! -- but she's ugly, inside and out. (I won't say you can diet, because really, who cares if an ugly person thinks you're fat?)

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2013, 04:14:44 PM »
Be blissful and stupid (quickly becoming a go-to phrase for me to have a happy life).

Love this!

What a recipe for happiness.

(and how infuriating a reaction it would be for someone who is trying to be mean)

But how protective of yourself it is! You are brilliant, TurtleDove.

TurtleDove

• Super Hero!
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2013, 04:19:55 PM »
Be blissful and stupid (quickly becoming a go-to phrase for me to have a happy life).

Love this!

What a recipe for happiness.

(and how infuriating a reaction it would be for someone who is trying to be mean)

But how protective of yourself it is! You are brilliant, TurtleDove.

I can't take credit for the concept - I think it's Dr. Laura Schlessinger who coined that phrase (anyone know for certain?) but it really helps! I have had several situations where I am intellectually certain a person was trying to hurt me but I acted as though I was happy and didn't grasp the jab and two things happened: 1) the person gave up and 2) I won!