Hostesses With The Mostest > Entertaining and Hospitality

Party Responses - 1 Out of 5!

<< < (3/3)

Mikayla:
Unfortunately I don't have any of the parents' contact details so have asked Daughter to re-confirm with her friends that they are coming - it's this Saturday and as they've just been on holiday from school for two weeks, with all the excitement of Christmas and New Year, it won't necessarily be uppermost in their minds.

It's probably too late now, but on the bolded, maybe in the future if this happens, you'd be better off asking your daughter to get the parents' phone numbers.  I understand perfectly why you'd want parental confirmation, but repeated kid confirmations doesn't equal that.  (unfortunately!).

Sparkle Star:
Just to follow up.....

All five attended and - along with my daughter - seemed to have a great time, so that's all good.
In the event, as all the girls wanted manicures, the beautician ran a sort of hand/nail care workshop which went down really well.

One showed up an hour early and her father asked if it was true that the invite included a sleepover; she'd brought overnight things but no bedding; fortunately we could accommodate that. (He also showed up half an hour late to collect her the next day.)

One texted my daughter two hours before kick-off to say her parents had other plans and she wanted to come but could we collect her as otherwise she'd be unable to. Now that's a first for me I have to say.... Not wanting to spoil Daughter's event, DH drove the 40 minutes each way to pick up this friend and got back to our house just as it all started. 

So all went relatively smoothly....though I did enjoy the peace once they'd left yesterday!!

jpcher:
I'm so glad it turned out well for you. The hand/nail workshop sounds like a great idea! ;D

DH driving 40 minutes each way? Wow, I think he went above and beyond.

Sparkle Star:

--- Quote from: jpcher on January 07, 2013, 06:04:21 PM ---I'm so glad it turned out well for you. The hand/nail workshop sounds like a great idea! ;D

DH driving 40 minutes each way? Wow, I think he went above and beyond.

--- End quote ---

I know... Dads & daughters eh, anything for his princess... !
To be honest my first instinct was "I'm sorry, that won't be possible" - but neither of us wanted to disappoint the girls at that late stage.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version