Author Topic: weird emails from a formal professional contact  (Read 1242 times)

twiggy

• wonder what this thing is
weird emails from a formal professional contact
« on: January 03, 2013, 12:11:21 AM »
In the spring/summer of 2010 DH and I were looking at houses to buy. We originally used a terrible real estate agent on my dad's recommendation. He was an acquaintance of Dad's from many, many years ago.

Anyway, as I said, he was all around terrible at his job and we ended up dumping him and going with another agent. The last email contact that I had with this man was in June of 2010.

Until Dec. 2012. He forwarded me an email about "remembering Newton" I didn't even open it because that event was a bit of a trigger for me, personally, and I tried to avoid discussions about it. But I could kind of understand how that would get circulated even among people you wouldn't normally contact.

Then, a week later I got another forwarded email from him with a subject of "cute jokes for the ladies" I find them to be unprofessional, inappropriate, and honestly, insulting. They have text over a cartoon. For example: "Why are there never any GOOD side effects? Just once I'd like to read a medication bottle that says 'May cause extreme SEXINESS'" and "I feel kinda sorry for trees in the fall. At least when I went through the change, nothing fell off"

I feel like I need to respond so that he knows I do NOT want to receive anything else from him. Can anyone help me out with the working? What I'd like to say is not remotely ehell approved.
In the United States today, there is a pervasive tendency to treat children as adults, and adults as children.  The options of children are thus steadily expanded, while those of adults are progressively constricted.  The result is unruly children and childish adults.  ~Thomas Szasz

Judah

• California, U.S.A
Re: weird emails from a formal professional contact
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 12:22:55 AM »
It sounds like his email has been hacked.
Ask for what you want. Let's be clear on this one:
Subtle hints don't work.
Strong hints don't work.
Really obvious hints don't work.
Just say it!

-The Car Talk Guys

mrkitty

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 12:27:49 AM »
I think you have a couple of options. You can either mark his email as Spam and let your program take care of it; you can block his emails; or, you can write him a brief note that it appears his email was hacked or has a virus since you've received several strange emails (or words to that effect). Or you could maybe just hit reply and ask if he sent you this by mistake?

That might be subtle, polite and still get the message across, I think.
Learn from past. Live in the present. Hope for the future.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 03:10:48 AM »
it sounds to me also like his email was hacked.

if he is like some of my [former] acquaintances, he may not have gotten over the thrill of forwarding every.single.email to every.single.contact. if so - he probably won't read your reply of "please stop sending" but give it a try - if it doesn't work, then just set your filter to send his emails to spam.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools