Forum Administration > Glitches, errors, problems

A topic sends me into a malware warning...oh dear!

<< < (2/3) > >>

twiggy:
I'm getting that screen when I try to go to page 3 of http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=118787.15 "so...food pictures on facebook are rude now?"

Cat-Fu:
I'm getting that block as well, regarding www.picturesof.net. Is someone maybe using something from there in their sig or avatar?

When I google www.picturesof.net, every page that comes up is listed as unsafe.

squeakers:

--- Quote from: Cat-Fu on January 04, 2013, 11:02:54 AM ---I'm getting that block as well, regarding www.picturesof.net. Is someone maybe using something from there in their sig or avatar?

When I google www.picturesof.net, every page that comes up is listed as unsafe.

--- End quote ---

For me it is page 4 of the topic twiggy posted (only doing 9 posts per page).

"Google Chrome has blocked access to this page on www.etiquettehell.com.
Content from www.picturesof.net, a known malware distributor, has been inserted into this web page. Visiting this page now is very likely to infect your computer with malware."

The TARDIS:
It happens to me on the first page.

Ehelldame:
It's not in a sig file or photo or all of us would be getting the same alert when we viewed the same thread and page.   I do not get the malware alert when I've gone to the pages people have been reporting.   However, my security software blocks access to picturesof.net so I know it's working.

I suspect it was in a Google Ad.   However, the way ads are delivered by Google is by your cookies and surfing.  I can see a completely different series of ads than someone else. The only way to know which ad it was is to take a screenshot of your monitor, not just the malware warning, so I can see what ad is displaying on your monitor at the time of the alert.  I can then block that ad and contact Google.  Google does a very good job of identifying bad ads and removing so I suspect if it was a Google ad, it is gone now.   Clear your cache and history, reboot and there should be no more problems.

picturesof.net has been blocked by me today. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version