Poll

What one task/chore would you hire someone to do?

Run miscellaneous errands
4 (2.5%)
Grocery shop
5 (3.1%)
Clean your house
130 (80.2%)
Driver (take you wherever/whenever)
15 (9.3%)
Laundry (wash, dry, fold)
8 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 162

Voting closed: January 17, 2013, 11:43:07 AM

Author Topic: Would you hire someone to................  (Read 2928 times)

oceanus

• pronounced o-see-ANN-us
Would you hire someone to................
« on: January 03, 2013, 11:43:07 AM »
Assume money is no problem and the person can perform the task as frequently as you would like.

WillyNilly

• Super Hero!
  • Mmmmm, food
    • The World as I Taste It
Re: Would you hire someone to................
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 11:56:58 AM »
I can't vote because I don't understand the question, nor is my answer one of the choices (all of the above, on occasion).

At various times in my life I have paid for each of those services.  I don't usually use the drop off service at the laundromat, but for while I did and still occasionally as a treat I will.  I don't often take cabs or hired cars, but sometimes I do if the situation warrants it.  I have paid someone to shop and drop off my dry cleaning, etc a few times in life when I was in a pinch but I don't do it regularly.  etc.

alkira6

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 12:13:11 PM »
I have at certain points paid people to do all of the things on the list.  I plan on hiring someone to change all of our lightbulbs when the first one blows. We have 12 ft ceilings and 5 different types of lighting (recessed, hanging, ceiling globes, and so forth) and i am in no condition to get on a ladder and move it around and DH is better off not getting on a ladder too.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 12:15:12 PM »
I'd hire someone to do any and all tasks I either was incapable of doing or didn't want to do.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 12:20:54 PM »
I didn't vote since there isn't an Other, because if I was loaded I'd hire people to do all those things!
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2013, 12:46:02 PM »
I voted Clean House because that is my least favorite chore of all the ones listed.

StuffedGrapeLeaves

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2013, 12:53:00 PM »
We have a person who comes to clean our house once every two weeks, and it's a godsend.  I would give up a lot of things before I give up the house cleaner.  We still do spot cleanings in between, but it's nice that we don't have to do the deep cleaning, especially since both DH and I have physical problems and our child is still young. 

guihong

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 01:02:16 PM »
I'm envious of my friend in London who can choose to have her groceries delivered (or shop in-store).  That must be a godsend in a city where many are dependent on public transportation and don't want to lug groceries around.  She can also "shop" in the middle of the night, and set the delivery time at her convenience.  I'd wished I had that when I was very pregnant or dealing with a cranky infant.

That said, clean house way out in front, though I'm the kind to clean for the maid  ::).

MorgnsGrl

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 01:27:57 PM »
I voted driver. I would love to have someone clean my house but I don't want anyone actually IN my house, which is, you know, sort of a problem.  :o
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 07:45:14 PM by MorgnsGrl »

2littlemonkeys

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 01:33:00 PM »
If I could afford it, I'd have someone in once or twice a week to do the deeper cleaning.  If I never had to scrub a toilet again, it would be too soon.

I'd also hire someone to come in and clean out the pit of despair basement.  We MUST tackle that this spring/summer and don't even know where to start.

(And yes, as we were moving into our new space last year, I did suggest just donating/trashing the stuff we weren't bringing upstairs but I was overruled.  Guess where it all went?  ::)    ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::))

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2013, 01:33:27 PM »
I pay for both a house cleaner and for occasional food delivery as well.  As much as I hate laundry, I don't like the idea of anyone touching my things.  the rest...meh

deadbody

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2013, 01:52:09 PM »
I would pay for all of these things if money wasn't an issue, except maybe a driver.  I don't mind driving myself.

Amara

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2013, 02:19:33 PM »
Clean the house. No question about it. But if I could afford two things I would add something not on your list: cooking. I'd love to have a personal chef.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2013, 02:22:57 PM »
Clean the house. No question about it. But if I could afford two things I would add something not on your list: cooking. I'd love to have a personal chef.

You beat me to it!  I'd rather have that than someone clean my house, but if I could have both, I'd be in heaven!!! A chef who would make yummy, yet healthy meals for me, AND clean up. :)

I have, on occasion, done my grocery shopping online and had it delivered.  But I found a. they didn't offer all options that were actualy in the store, and b. certain things like meat, produce, I prefer to pick out in person. So I really just used it a couple of times, and haven't really since then.  I might start doing it once or twice a month again, esp now that its winter and cold out :)

demarco

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2013, 03:36:57 PM »
I said groceries but it would also have to include the pet store to buy the dog food.  Buying the dog food is one of my least favorite tasks because it comes in a big bag that I can't lift. It would be nice to have someone go out and buy it, bring it home, and pour it into my dog food bin and all I would have to do is just scoop it out.