Author Topic: Funny chance observations  (Read 1346 times)

m2kbug

Re: Funny chance observations
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2013, 04:45:43 PM »
Not the best of situations, but humorous...one night I heard a rumbly sound outside and went out to investigate.  There were helicopters hovering rather close to home.  Obviously something was going on.  It was rather strange because they didn't really look like helicopters (it was dark) and they didn't have the choppy sound, so my son and I are talking about that and maybe it's a UFO, har-har.  Later that night we see on the news that someone had driven into someone's home.  No one was hurt.  So I was headed out one day.  Judging by the location, it was possible this happened in my neighborhood, so I did a little driving and found the house.  The boarded up front had a nice big sign spray painted on that said, "No parking." 

On that, we loaned our trailer to a friend, the kind you latch on to the truck.  We were having a BBQ with a couple of husband's coworkers and families that day.  Imagine getting the phone call that the trailer unhitched and ended up in someone's dining room.  Hubs goes off to deal with that while I stay back for the guests, people I have never met before.  No one was hurt.  In fact, no one was home.  I hope years later they can laugh about their phone call as well.  I know, I sound morbid.  But even back then, some humor...Hi, I'm M2Kbug. Hubs is off dealing with the trailer in someone's dining room, please make yourselves at home.

They turned off the auto sensors on one set of doors at the store I shop at because apparently that's a favorite liquor stealing door.  The number of people who walk their cart into the door or stop nose-to-nose with the thing when it refuses to open always gives me a chuckle. 

m2kbug

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2013, 04:53:02 PM »
I think this is sweet...
My older sister went to first and second grade in Catholic school before transferring to a regular public school in our new hometown.  She continued the practice of making a little cross at the top of all her school papers,  puzzling the teacher.

;D

This reminds me of when I was little.  All the kids had to show the supervising teachers our empty lunch sacks and lunch boxes to demonstrate we had eaten everything before we could play.  You become a master of hiding things under baggies hoping nobody noticed, which had about a 50% success rate.  We started a new school one year and the teachers were very puzzled over my sibling and I going up to show them our empty lunch sacks.

Jocelyn

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2013, 11:02:17 PM »
My DH and I were watching TV last night.  The CeeLo Green E-Diets commercial came on, followed by a Hershey's chocolate one.  I've noticed that happens frequently - another time a commercial for Nutrisystem and the glycemic index, then up pops the McRib.
I was in Kohl's this week, and at the checkout stand was a display of weight loss books, in a box labeled Kohls Cares. (for those of you who don't know Kohls, it's a department store that periodically has 'public service' items at the checkouts, accompanied by this slogan). Right next to it? A display of Godiva chocolate.
Yes, Kohls cares about my weight loss plan...