Author Topic: Europe Suggestions!  (Read 1423 times)

cicero

• Super Hero!
Re: Europe Suggestions!
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2013, 12:33:18 PM »
cicero -

Heck yes.  We did it in a 8 hour cruise ship stop.   ;D  If I remember right, Bruges is an hour? from Brussels.  We had a couple of things we wanted to do, but a lot of our time was just wandering around.  I have pictures around here somewhere I can post if you'd like.

Best chocolate shop (IMO) is Dumon - it's a block or so off the main square.  Chocolate was wonderful, and the people there were really nice.  Also, we got our frites right on the square - there's two carts there.
thanks!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Amava

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2013, 12:34:19 PM »
cicero -

Heck yes.  We did it in a 8 hour cruise ship stop.   ;D  If I remember right, Bruges is an hour? from Brussels.  We had a couple of things we wanted to do, but a lot of our time was just wandering around.  I have pictures around here somewhere I can post if you'd like.

Best chocolate shop (IMO) is Dumon - it's a block or so off the main square.  Chocolate was wonderful, and the people there were really nice.  Also, we got our frites right on the square - there's two carts there.

Speaking of ships: taking a tour on a small boat around Bruges might be a good idea too. That way you give your feet a break from walking (because walking around in Bruges is fun, but not for 12 hours on end!  ;D )  and you get to see a lot of beautiful sights, and the guide usually explains in English (as well as French and Dutch) what you are seeing.

TaurusGirl

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2013, 05:39:43 PM »
I was in Amsterdam in early 2012, and was completely taken in! We were there for a week and had ample time to wander and see everything we hoped! You mention you love art; the Van Gogh Museum and the Rijksmusem are within walking distance of each other, and I found both to be fascinating! If you know which days you plan to go, you can purchase tickets online and avoid the tremendous lines to get in; we probably saved ourselves a couple of hours that way.