Author Topic: Damage done during a sleepover.  (Read 32233 times)

alkira6

Re: Damage done during a sleepover. Update #52,#64, mom's reply #67, dad's #194
« Reply #210 on: January 30, 2013, 09:58:46 AM »
It could be worse. I recall a story a few years ago about a family that spent $60,000 trying to find how some strange person was controlling the electricity in their home. He'd turn could somehow turn power off and on, and would leave gloating messages on voicemail.

It was solved when one investigator put in nannycams, and found that it was the mother's teenage son. He wasn't happy with his new stepfather, or the home they'd moved into, and was trying to get them to move back to where his friends lived.

His mother was devastated. She said she would never have believed it was him without seeing the videos, "because early on I asked him if he was doing it, and he said no."

This kid would be paying me back for the money I spent until he retired.

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Damage done during a sleepover. Update #52,#64, mom's reply #67, dad's #194
« Reply #211 on: January 30, 2013, 10:31:18 AM »
This kid would be paying me back for the money I spent until he retired.

Yes. They'd completely rewired the whole house, trying to find how the "interloper" was cutting the power, and (apparently) bugging the place so he could hear what everyone said. Turns out, the kid was just pulling breakers and flipping switches.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."