General Etiquette > All In A Day's Work

This feels off... Hand-me downs and unusual behavior.

<< < (2/5) > >>

GreenHall:
Does she immediately go get a new 'item(s)' or wait a bit?
Could she be feeling put upon to be asked to go to the supply closet so often? How many people other than you ask her in a day for 'Post-its' or a pen, or .... (Yes it's her job and she's the only one with the key, doesn't mean she has to be logical about it.)
I agree both that it's odd and irritating in a way that there does not seem to be a non-petty way to bring it up to anyone.  I like you solution. (I started doing similar, as anytime I ran OUT of post-its, it seemed the supply cabinet had too, so I got extras, and asked for a new order BEFORE I used up the last.)

Yvaine:

--- Quote from: GreenHall on January 04, 2013, 01:11:32 PM ---Does she immediately go get a new 'item(s)' or wait a bit?
Could she be feeling put upon to be asked to go to the supply closet so often? How many people other than you ask her in a day for 'Post-its' or a pen, or ....

--- End quote ---

This is actually a really good point. It may be more efficient for her workflow if she gives you the item that's right at hand, and then goes to replenish it when she has downtime.

spookycatlady:
OP here,

About 80% of the time, she would hand me the item directly from her desk, grab the key and walk back with me to the area where my desk and supply cupboard are and replenish her supplies.  The other 20%, I would see her at the cupboard about 10 minutes later.

siamesecat2965:
The keyboard thing I would definitely have some issues with, but the rest of it, while it might irk me a bit, as there really isn't technically wrong with what she's doing, I'd have to let it go.

Some people are just like that; they don't share well, and when in charge of certain things,such as supplies, they feel they can always have the newest and bestest.

TootsNYC:
Next time, when she gets to the supply cabinet, say, "ooh, can I have a new one?"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version