Hostesses With The Mostest > Recipe Requests

What kind of sauce for lobster ravioli?

(1/1)

MOM21SON:
What kind of sauce would you make for lobster ravioli?

Thanks!

Acadianna:
I'd probably make some kind of simple cream sauce, if the ravioli is stuffed with lobster.

Not long ago, we ate at a chain Italian restaurant and I ordered the lobster ravioli.  The ravioli was stuffed with lobster, and not much else.  The "sauce" was mainly more lobster, and not much else.  Although I love lobster, this was -- I can't believe I'm saying this -- too much lobster.

So I'd put lobster in the ravioli or on top of the ravioli, but not both  places.

MOM21SON:

--- Quote from: Acadianna on January 04, 2013, 09:43:40 PM ---I'd probably make some kind of simple cream sauce, if the ravioli is stuffed with lobster.

Not long ago, we ate at a chain Italian restaurant and I ordered the lobster ravioli.  The ravioli was stuffed with lobster, and not much else.  The "sauce" was mainly more lobster, and not much else.  Although I love lobster, this was -- I can't believe I'm saying this -- too much lobster.

So I'd put lobster in the ravioli or on top of the ravioli, but not both  places.

--- End quote ---

LOL.  Like the time I ordered pasta with Gorgonzola sauce?  Way too much Gorgonzola!

Outdoor Girl:
There was a thread a while back about what kind of sauce to use for pumpkin or butternut squash ravioli.  The suggestions there were mostly for browned butter and parmesan.  Which I think would go well with the lobster.  I think a cream sauce would be good.

But with lobster, you could even get away with a tomato based sauce, maybe a rose sauce?

ETA:  Here it is:  http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=123408.0

MOM21SON:
Thank you.  I will have a look.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version